ASUS Router Trend Micro Alerts - Concerning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an ASUS RT-AC3100. One of the features it has is the Trend Micro AI Protection. I've had it enabled for about a year, and all has been quiet until a few weeks ago when I started getting "High Severity Two Way IPS Hits" I really have no idea what these are, and Google hasn't been much of a help. There's stuff out there, but I've struggled to understand it.

I've attached a screen shot below. Is this something to be concerned about? My router is running the latest firmware.

2s0l3rl.jpg

Does the device report what it did with these threats? For reference, 127.0.0.1 is "this device"; akin to the word "me"; and 192.168.x.x will be a device in your Local Area Network or LAN (ie. behind the router).

Unfortunately, it does not. This is as detailed as the information gets, as far as I can tell. It would have been helpful if they'd included a key, action taken, or anything. Especially when they are labeling things high security risks.

The 192 device on there is my desktop, based on the network map in the router. And it's the same desktop mentioned in the "destination" column.

Those entries don't make any sense. It says "me to me". These router firewalls/IPS features are not very verbose, as you're seeing. I would ignore it.

The external attack one is your run-of-the-mill probing from some random person on the Internet, you can also ignore those.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Those entries don't make any sense. It says "me to me". These router firewalls/IPS features are not very verbose, as you're seeing. I would ignore it.

The external attack one is your run-of-the-mill probing from some random person on the Internet, you can also ignore those.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back