Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys absolutely have to try this stuff.

Nothing I have used so far, not even spray waxes, go on and wipe off as easily as this stuff. If I even get one month of protection (they advertise a year) I'll be thrilled.

Looks gorgeous too, but I would consider even my beater's paint "well prepared."

As an experiment I've decided to use Meguiar's Ultimate line on this car instead of my usual Griot's products, and I haven't yet found a product I don't like.

Originally Posted By: drtyler
Nice gloss. Gonna have to give that a try on my cars.

Enjoying the 911?

Yeah I'm loving it. Can't think of a better daily.

I'll say its a nice gloss. It took me 4 takes before I realized that the contraption between the towel and the windshield was the garage door opener. I kept on asking myself, "Now why would he put that thingy on the hood of a newly waxed car?"

Nice gloss.

The "towel" is actually a pirate flag I have hanging on my garage ceiling!
wink.gif

Ultimate Polish followed by Ultimate Liquid or Paste Wax was used previous....by hand or with buffer?

This post has inspired me to get my cars clean this weekend!

Ultimate Polish followed by Ultimate Liquid or Paste Wax was used previous....by hand or with buffer?

This post has inspired me to get my cars clean this weekend!

I used both Ultimate Compound and Polish, followed by Ultimate Liquid Wax. Used my Griots DA with 5.5" pads.

That was about two months ago. Picked up the Fast Finish today, and couldn't help but wash the car and apply it.

I drove all the way to Niagara Falls NY (one hour each way, plus a half hour wait to cross the border) a few weeks ago just so I could buy this stuff! I was not disappointed, it's super easy to use and gives a great shine. To add a touch more shine, I top it off with Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer as well. I will never go back to a conventional wax/sealant again, I love how quick and easy this stuff is to use, and in the long run I think it'll keep my cars from getting scratches in them, as it's a much gentler process than with regular products that you have to wait to dry to a powdery haze and then use pressure to buff off.

I found the quickest way to use this stuff was to spray it onto a microfiber sponge instead of using the supplied cloth. This allows to get into tighter sections of the car with ease as well.

I'm not sure how the durability of this stuff is, I doubt it's anywhere near a year but I don't mind reapplying it every few weeks, it's only a little bit more work than using detailing spray on a car (which I do after every drive in the Corvette already, to remove the dust on it)

I still can't believe they sell this stuff for only $12.97 at Walmart! And one can goes a long way, I've done 3 coats on my Corvette, one on my Honda and two on my wife's BMW and the can still feels full!

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
Looks great. How did you apply it? Spray it onto a clean microfiber cloth and then immediately wipe it off with a clean side?

Bingo!

I did another layer for S&G about an hour ago just to ensure even coverage.

I've become quite a fan of Fast Finish and highly recommend it. It doesn't take that much more time than spray wax that you seriously can apply it as you feel necessary after you wash your car. Prior to Fast Finish, for years I was a also a fan of Armor All's Extreme Shield Wax. It was a wipe-on/wipe-off no need to let dry, but it's durability in my family's cars averaged a year. I have yet to have Fast Finish that long, but I'm sold with these newer generation of sealants. I think I am done with traditional waxes. Anytime you wash your car, use a wax-as-u-dry and I can imagine not needing to reapply Fast Finish for a long time.

Originally Posted By: razel
I've become quite a fan of Fast Finish and highly recommend it. It doesn't take that much more time than spray wax that you seriously can apply it as you feel necessary after you wash your car. Prior to Fast Finish, for years I was a also a fan of Armor All's Extreme Shield Wax. It was a wipe-on/wipe-off no need to let dry, but it's durability in my family's cars averaged a year. I have yet to have Fast Finish that long, but I'm sold with these newer generation of sealants. I think I am done with traditional waxes. Anytime you wash your car, use a wax-as-u-dry and I can imagine not needing to reapply Fast Finish for a long time.

Agree. I stumbled upon the Fast Finish with an Amazon deal. I use it and I jeep a spray bottle of Armor-All Ultr-Shine in my trunk and a few Costco micro fiber towels. It's nothing to give a quick waxing after the car wash. I think the old ..."you need to have a base coat paste wax and only use spray waxes in between" is pure [censored].

I've got the same pirate flag.

I am a Griots Garage user - all his products are top notch so I am very interested to here from you in the future with how this Meguire's product holds up. Please follow up in a few weeks/month.

Love the Meguiars Fast Finish product as well. The above car has paint that is absolutely wrecked; fast finish was applied after a wash and prep with IronX. No clay was used.

Fast finish goes on very easily (about 10 min to do the above car), fills decently and lasts for 3-6 months even with poor maintenance. I have never experienced streaking or smearing issues. I have gotten at least 5 cars out of my can. Slickness and gloss are not the product’s strongest points. But it’s price, durability and easy of use (key point) are a strong sell.

You can get way more than 5 coats per can, I have done 7 coats out of my can so far and it still feels almost full!

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Love the Meguiars Fast Finish product as well. The above car has paint that is absolutely wrecked; fast finish was applied after a wash and prep with IronX. No clay was used.

I've said before, you and Richard Widman should come up and spend a few winter days here. My F-150 needs some of Richard's special skills, and my G37 could use your assistance, too.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: The Critic

Slickness and gloss are not the product’s strongest points. But it’s price, durability and easy of use (key point) are a strong sell.

I actually thought the slickness and gloss were very good. It's all in the prep.

Originally Posted By: BTLew81

I actually thought the slickness and gloss were very good. It's all in the prep.

If compared to a silica-type sealant such as CarPro Reload, then Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish falls short in the areas of slickness and gloss.

I'll buy that. However it's so dummy proof and cheap it's hard to compare. Top it after a wash with Uqw and it amps it up.

I love Meguiar's products, but not the cold. I lived in Chicago for the winter of 84-85 with -60 wind chill. Also went to school in Kansas in the 60's with -30 temps.
Not a fan of cold weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back