BOSCH PREMIUM 3330

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM all.
I have a BOSCH PREMIUM 3330 oil filter sitting on the shelf in my shed gathering dust (the filter is inside of a box). I received this filter from my cousin, whom used to own a 2012 Toyota truck with a V6 engine that used this type of filter. My Ford's F-150 4.2 V6 uses the FL-400S oil filter. This BOSCH filter will fit on my engine (It's the equivalent to the shorter FL-910S) but I am debating on using it or not. I don't know very much about BOSCH oil filters. I do know it has a silicone ADBV. Is this a good oil filter for an up to 7.5K mile OCI? I don't like the fact that it's 7/8" shorter than the FL-400S filter. I'm all about an oil filter that fits your engine, why choose one that is smaller? To some, it's trivial. To me, I like the extra filtration and the tad bit more oil. Yes, it makes me sleep better at night. Opinions please, about the use of this oil filter on my engine. But, be nice! Don't beat me up too much.
grin.gif

I honestly wouldn't - though I seriously doubt you would harm anything.

I'd save it for a riding mower.

Equivalent to Fram 3614, fits many lawn tractor with 17.5 horsepower (or more) motors...

I would use it there...

I'd use it in your Ford without hesitation. Many people run their filter 2 OCIs without issue so this premium filter should have no problem going 7K unless your engine is very dirty inside.

It is made by Purolator so the risk of TEARING is always there.

Originally Posted By: MParr
Know someone with a Focus or Escape? Give it to them. I wouldn’t use it in the 4.6 v8.

it is the 4.2 V-6, not the 4.6 V-8.

I would not use it due to it being a Puro made filter, not because of the smaller size.

The hideous tales about the Purolator=Tearolator, and the same with Motorcraft, don't phase me at all. It's just that it being 7/8" of less filtration/oil that would "probably" keep me awake at night. But, being in my current situation it looks as if I will be using it. I can actually overlook the 7/8" thing, it's the rattle upon startup that I don't want!
Decisions, decisions...............
21.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
The hideous tales about the Purolator=Tearolator, and the same with Motorcraft, don't phase me at all. It's just that it being 7/8" of less filtration/oil that would "probably" keep me awake at night. But, being in my current situation it looks as if I will be using it. I can actually overlook the 7/8" thing, it's the rattle upon startup that I don't want!
21.gif

Blue: Have a good Veterans Day tomorrow sir
smile.gif

If you decide you don’t want the filter I’d gladly cut and post it here. Happy friday as well

21.gif

Your OCIs are relatively short, so if your engine is clean inside the shorter filter will be fine.

Originally Posted By: car51
21.gif

Blue: Have a good Veterans Day tomorrow sir
smile.gif

If you decide you don’t want the filter I’d gladly cut and post it here. Happy friday as well

Thank You very much, Sir!
34.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
21.gif

Your OCIs are relatively short, so if your engine is clean inside the shorter filter will be fine.

Z06, you do bring up a great point there, Sir.
My friend that just recently opened up a small indy shop was looking over my truck a few weeks ago. He was picking at me about the short OCI's I do on my engine. He had ordered a bore scope as part of his daily tools needed. He said he was going to snake it into my valve cover to see how clean it was in there.
grin.gif

The last Bosch Premium I used just came off my car a couple of months ago. I only had one compliant about it the metal in the can was so thin and soft I had a heck of time getting it off the can just crumpled. Made a 5 minute job into a 40 minute job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back