A new diesel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks
thumbsup2.gif

Can't wait for it to never hit the US market /sarcasm

I want one, in an F150, c'mon Ford don't let me down!

Obviously an overseas only engine
frown.gif

I'd buy one here but we know how the epa is nuts on diesels.

Am I the only one that finds it wrong that they have a European guy speaking? Is this another European based international pos engine?

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Am I the only one that finds it wrong that they have a European guy speaking? Is this another European based international pos engine?

I believe it is a European designed engine.

So I guess it might be inappropriate for the voice actor to have an American accent.

For what it's worth he is speaking with an Engilsh accent, not to be european much longer ;-)

I still have a recurring dream where Americans pronounce 'millimeter' and 'aluminium' as well as the narrator of the video.

Same thing honda has been doing in small engines for a while.

Kinda neat the was the camshafts come off the head in their own unit.

One dead giveaway that this is a European engine is the fact that is has a clutch and flywheel on it.

Originally Posted By: Y_K
I still have a recurring dream where Americans pronounce 'millimeter' and 'aluminium' as well as the narrator of the video.

He did say counterclockwise, wrong accent for that. Why does the narrator have to come from the same country are the listener ?

A neat solution in my opinion. However: I'm not sure why the combustion chamber swirl is made to be different in different cylinders. Possibly to increase Scavenging of the exhaust gas SteveC? Ed

Originally Posted By: loneryder
"Belt in oil", timing belt....no thanks!

My OHC Honda lawnmower engine has a belt in oil cam drive. It's maybe 15 years old and not a sign of a problem. It's got a lot of hours on it and Honda builds good small engines.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
A neat solution in my opinion. However: I'm not sure why the combustion chamber swirl is made to be different in different cylinders. Possibly to increase Scavenging of the exhaust gas SteveC? Ed

I THINK that it's advertising a design nuance as an innovation.

Because of the lack of manifold vacuum on diesels, when they use EGR, they often have to use the port arrangement to provide swirl for mixing (my old Nissan they had a butterfly valve that restricted one set of ports.

If you have a look at the front versus the back of the intake manifold, the direction of the ports helps swirl at one end, and hinders it at the other...looks to me like they are truing to use the port angularity to help at both ends.

It might run hotter in some cylinders than others and to achieve the decrease in NOx they might need to swirl it differently. Ferrari actually does a lot of with swirl both in the intake and cylinders.

As for belt in oil, my uncle has a sears lawnmower that has this and it hasn't given him any trouble with that belt and I'm sure he has had it decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back