Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Yesterday, as I was going to the butcher on my way home from work I got cut-off quite badly by a young guy in a sort of burgundy-red clapped-out Saturn. I was more than a little PO'd (he was inches away from the front bumper) but I got over it and went on my way.

Today, I get a phone call from slammds15 and he's laughing hard.

He was driving into work and where another road comes into this road on the right, there's a line of traffic waiting for a break to turn left (across, in front of him). As he approaches a burgundy-red Saturn skirts the entire line of traffic on the shoulder and pokes out into his lane, cutting him off. He locks the truck up and is inches away from hitting the front of this guys car (it is two lane with oncoming traffic, could not pull out into the oncoming lane to avoid him).

He's visibly upset and expresses his frustration with some hand gestures.

He goes around the front of the car and the guy in the Saturn pulls out behind him and runs right up his rear, so close to the back of his truck that he can't even see the roof in his rearview mirror. My buddy taps his brakes to illuminate his brake lights and buddy in the Saturn hits the brakes, then pulls into the oncoming lane, sawing the wheel, to come out and pass him but the rear of the car keeps going and he ends up spinning out into the ditch after going up on two wheels.

Play stupid games, you get the prize!
grin.gif

Sometimes its difficult to keep reminding yourself to just stay out of the way and let whatever is happening run its course. It's the cost and time effective solution for dealing with "stupid drivers".

Stupid can't be fixed but it can be avoided.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

I had to look him up on here as I didn't recall the name. I thought maybe he was from another forum or something.

I agree, good thing that Jack didn't take someone else out in the process. Whew!

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

I had to look him up on here as I didn't recall the name. I thought maybe he was from another forum or something.

I agree, good thing that Jack didn't take someone else out in the process. Whew!

Yeah, he hasn't posted in a while, but still browses periodically.

I read something a while back about young idiot drivers doing what they call “triggering”. They cut in close enough to activate your autonomous braking. It’s more of this fast and furious attitude I see as of late.

I do enjoy some well deserved karma being applied to these drivers whether it is the LEO pulling them over or them selves getting into a pickle, As long as no one else gets hurt or property damaged.

Girl cut me off, signaling WHILE cutting me off - thanks! No one behind and no need to rush. Hit the brakes, hooked and gave her the [censored] sign.

Same thing happens less than a mile away - she cuts in front of a large utility truck and brakes because there wasn't much room to get in as we all slowed down . I was hoping he would hit her. I would have stopped to be a witness against her for that rear-ending (likely declared his fault otherwise). (Un)fortunately, the large truck lunged forward and barely missed her.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
An uninsured driver waiting for a place to happen.

interesting angle in words.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Sometimes its difficult to keep reminding yourself to just stay out of the way and let whatever is happening run its course. It's the cost and time effective solution for dealing with "stupid drivers".

Stupid can't be fixed but it can be avoided.

This is so true. I try to avoid confrontation, especially when in a vehicle. Just let the idiots pass and go on about your day. It is nice to see them a few miles down the road with blue lights behind them though. Does get my blood pressure up...

Many of these donkey-hole drivers especially the aggressive tailgaters driving giant pickups and SUVs have [censored] miserable lives many with downscale dead-end jobs so the only way many of them ever get to feel powerful or successful in their sad lives is to try to push other people around out in traffic in the streets. The best policy with these folks is to not engage them in any way. They are seeking attention (even the negative kind) in any way they can get it since they are complete non-entities and are ignored in their everyday life. Don't engage and let them keep running hard in their own little private self inflicted chzt-storm.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cashmoney
Many of these donkey-hole drivers especially the aggressive tailgaters driving giant pickups and SUVs have [censored] miserable lives many with downscale dead-end jobs so the only way many of them ever get to feel powerful or successful in their sad lives is to try to push other people around out in traffic in the streets. The best policy with these folks is to not engage them in any way. They are seeking attention (even the negative kind) in any way they can get it since they are complete non-entities and are ignored in their everyday life. Don't engage and let them keep running hard in their own little private self inflicted chzt-storm.

Around here they are self entitled educated donkeys driving Hondas, BMWs, and Mercedes. They see you, they don't care because they are more important than anyone else on the road, and just move over into your lane fully expecting you to move. It does not happen as much when I'm driving the truck, more so when I'm driving the Bolt. And due to the demographic, a fair percentage are unlicensed and uninsured. One more reason I have front and rear dash cams.

This is why I have a forward and rear facing HD dashcam so I can catch these idiots as they spin out and learn their lesson and then make money off Youtube at their expense.
lol.gif

I see a ton of bad driving daily.

i always found that idiots in little rice burner cars with a loud exhaust will cut my tractor-trailer rig off as I am going down the offramp.Right before i get to the crosswalk. Of course, this reduces my distance to stop at the light.Amazing i never squashed one of these young idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back