Frantz Bypass Oil filter pictures: Subaru Forester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
FMIC!!!!
You are a maniac, obak!
Congrats for having the huevos to go for it.

There are some more info and pictures about Front Mount Intercooler install: Forester 07MY 2.5T 6MT UTEC Darton (Oleg B) + now installed Manley I-Beam rods, APS DR-65 BB turbo (Garret 3582 CHRA), Kelford 272, Manley valves/springs/retainers, 12 mm oil pump, etc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Donald
Its a Forester not a diesel truck.

What are the benefits this will provide? Will you run 16,000 to 20,000 oil changes?

I don't plan to save on oil changes (almost decade I'm with Redline 5W50).
Recently I had Manley H-Beam connecting rod broken in my Forester, so the engine was fully rebuilt (new block, Darton sleeves, JE pistons, nitride treated crank, stronger connecting rods).
How is better to break in new engine: with bypass filter or without?
smile.gif

Nice looking rig. Yes, just leave the bypass filter on there to catch anything coming off your engine block sense the rebuild. No rust on that truck- do they spread salt or gravel/sand on your roads during the winter?

Originally Posted By: xtell
Nice looking rig. Yes, just leave the bypass filter on there to catch anything coming off your engine block sense the rebuild. No rust on that truck- do they spread salt or gravel/sand on your roads during the winter?

Thanks!
Yes, they spread both.
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: valley_ranch
Yes ~ nice install ~ interesting ~ you clamped the canister ~ did not use the bracket ```

Richard

Thanks! I was pretty sure, that my mechanics will install it with bracket (left side, close to fuse box). They decided different place, which I can't even imagine before and I' m happy with their decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back