WM ST Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exclusively, but I did run it in my Q50 for a 5000 mile OCI. Nothing unusual to report.

You could run this exclusively and have nothing to worry about, but in most cases, you can find better deals out there if you take advantage of the many MIRs that are available.

Not exclusively, but I've been using it in my mom's 07 Optima for 3k OCI's. She doesn't like the idea of going over that lol. I think I used it for about 5 oci's in a row? Nothing abnormal. Good, basic synthetic. At 145k miles, that engine is spotless...

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
I would run it with no fear. But having said that I can always find a major brand on sale for less with the rebate.

This.

It's always priced at $17+ in my WM stores. And never on sale or with rebates. That makes it rather pricey vs. all the name brand synthetics that go on sale/rebate during a typical year. PP/QSUD have been on rebate for 22 months straight now. So that's a net $12-$15/jug after rebate that's always available via WM. For the past 2 years, there's no reason to buy ST syn in my area....never mind using it. In some WM stores today you can buy fully syn GTX Magnatec for $17.88. I'd buy that before ST at the same price. I can't imagine many Bitogers buying the ST with all those other options.

Originally Posted By: 2012AccentSE
Not exclusively, but I've been using it in my mom's 07 Optima for 3k OCI's. She doesn't like the idea of going over that lol. I think I used it for about 5 oci's in a row? Nothing abnormal. Good, basic synthetic. At 145k miles, that engine is spotless...

I'm sure Walmart's dino would also keep your engine spotless with 3K OCI's....5K is the minimum I'd go on a full synthetic....

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: 2012AccentSE

I'm sure Walmart's dino would also keep your engine spotless with 3K OCI's....5K is the minimum I'd go on a full synthetic....

+1 Firstly I would stick with conventional if you are going to stick with 3k oil changes. Save your money. If you want to do 5-6k ST synthetic is more than capable of it and you can change out the filter and top off every 3k if your mom gets nervous past the 3k mark. Mother isn't always right
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back