your utilitarian Daily Driver!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello BITOGers,

What is your utilitarian vehicle Daily Driver?

I'm curious what else did you do with your Daily Driver that you consider utilitarian...

Don't really have one. My most functional vehicles are still really nice.
smile.gif

2002 Lincoln Continental.

In the fall it hauls my leaves....8-9 fully stuffed contractor bags per car load. Last year I did 100 bags which included my neighbor's leaves too.

A while back I hauled 1200 lbs of crushed stone from the quarry. That was fun.

The car is kept nice as I put down shipping blankets and plastic over everything. People getting in and out of the car dirty it up more. Just did my winter waxing last week. No mud racing or bogging for me though...lol.

1.25 liter Ford Fiesta. It will cruise at 80mph all day without needing to turn up the radio, and I can sit comfortably for hours doing this. The a/c keeps me cool on the hottest summer days - in the UK, maybe it would struggle with an Arizona summer.
Not much room for rear seat passengers and the trunk is tiny, although I can fold down the rear sear for more luggage space.
It returns 40+ mpg (Imperial, more like 35 mp(US)g.
All this from a car I paid £450 for three years ago and no repair bills.

Claud.

My Element does everything. Hauls everything and wipes down easily since the interior is all plastic. We've slept in it comfortably when camping (usually when we get there late on the first night and are to tired to setup). I put on a trailer hitch and have a HF rack for holding even more stuff.

1990 Nissan 300ZX. Not terribly utilitarian, but the fun to drive daily driver that gets my daughter to school and me to work.

The Traverse in my sig. Hauled loads of furniture and boxes between the old house, the wife's house where I stayed temporarily, a storage unit, and the new house. Hauled the wife's and kids' furniture after we married. Also tows the popup camper occasionally.

It was my Camry, but I've developed back problems and it wasn't as comfortable as I wished. It's been parked since February, don't know what to do with it.

It's now my Sonata, it's cheap, pretty good on gas but most important, it's comfortable. It's also pretty good looking.

'15 Jeep Patriot Sport fwd...my only vehicle; unless you count my 2-wheeled death machines...then I can also list my '13 Genuine Buddy 125 scooter during warm months for smaller errands

Cruze is utilitarian enough for a small car - folding rear seats and a big trunk will fit a bass fiddle.
laugh.gif

The '67 Suburban is the true winner in utility, though. Six passengers with approx. 26 sq. ft. of floor space, or 3 passengers with more like 38 sq. ft., and power/suspension capacity enough to tow a car + trailer at the same time.

The '85 GMC takes 1.5 tons in the bed to bring the rake out of it, is rated to tow 10,000, and is a long bed so couches, lumber, etc. doesn't require questionable overhang or a trailer.

And the 300 Coupe Diesel... well, the front seats are roomy, the trunk is low but fairly big, and that's
about it in anything related to "utility"... but it's a turbo diesel, a model sold worldwide (iconic), and to me just exudes that it's built to endure, so it feels utilitarian in a way.

1996 Grand Cherokee 5.2

It drives to the coffee stand. It drives to the mountains.

It tows 4000lbs at least once a month.

It has a nice little stow cubby in the rear that I keep a pack of condoms in.

Rear seats fold flat, so I sometimes sleep in it.

Recently drove it to Zion and back (1500 miles).

I drive to my customers for work on the daily so my CTS is nice and not embarrassing. It carries tools, groceries, my dogs, fishing gear, or 3 passengers in comfort and leather. Mpg is decent and plenty of power for me. Bought it used from original owner for $4800 w 114k miles on it earlier this year so not too bad for a luxury vehicle that was $40k + brand new. Whatever doesn’t fit in it or needs towing, I use my Escalade ext.

I live in the city, my Prius does fine. Now, if I'm at my parent's place and I need to do some hauling I use their Sienna.

My Cherokee is pretty utilitarian.

Use it for road trips with friends, hauling the trailer (where it turns into a truck basically), driving in deep snow, pulling out stumps and stuck cars, carrying tools, and I've camped in it a few times.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
My Element does everything. Hauls everything and wipes down easily since the interior is all plastic. We've slept in it comfortably when camping (usually when we get there late on the first night and are to tired to setup). I put on a trailer hitch and have a HF rack for holding even more stuff.

How is the Leaf treating you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back