Observations on Technology and the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very sad how we are losing little bits of our humanity (as I see it of course). I am in an interesting position as I spent the first 15-18 years of my life with no Internet or smart phone. I feel we are all moving towards being mindless robots who don’t know how to do anything or communicate face to face. The next phase will be computers driving us around...so we can stay plugged in. I enjoy driving and hope that isn’t taken away from us via legislation or heavy taxation. Don’t get me wrong, I love technology (worked as a computer programmer for my first job)...just not at the expense of our humanity. I guess you won’t miss what you don’t know.

Humanity%2Bin%2Bmovie%2Bwall%2Be.jpg

Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Funny StevieC.
I fear with automation and more and more technology people will become like this because it's not like we will loose our death grip on consumerism.

Humanity will be easier to control in the future, our eyes glued to a screen is the perfect mode of those seeking behaviour manipulation.

Control news & information = control your population.

Where is my tin foil hat?
grin.gif

KGMTech...exactly. Guess I should have said humanity and freedoms.

Last edited:
I can see it going both ways.

I think a lot of the technology in cars is there because of safety regulations and emissions, not because people necessarily want it.

While there are a lot of lazy people who would probably be fine with self driving cars, I also know a bunch of younger people who like driving.

I did a lot of social experiments for different classes in college, and it was always interesting to see how people reacted without technology, or the latest technology.

I would like self-driving cars because of the miles I drive for work which can be a bit taxing and also because I'm usually on the phone in-between destinations. (Hands free of course)

I read somewhere the car companies were in favor of self driving cars as they expect better profitability in having people rent vs owning a car (10+ years). Were does ownership reside in a self driving car ultimately? Will be it regulated by Government and Companies will lobby for a rental model or will they allow for private ownership? Interesting times.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Funny StevieC.
I fear with automation and more and more technology people will become like this because it's not like we will loose our death grip on consumerism.

+1

The computers will be attached to our brains someday. We'll be writing posts with our thoughts. And it won't involve cutting our skull open either. It will be done non-evasively by nano robots that go in through a syringe. They go in and build the computer on our brains. It will be like a microscopic construction site going on up there.

Idiocracy? Or maybe the Matrix?

In the year 5555....your arms are hanging limp by your sides....your legs got nothing to do....some machine's doing that for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back