US Postal Service For The Win !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way cheaper than FEDEX !!

As a follow-up to my previous on trying to ship the hard bags (panniers) from my Ducati, FEDEX wanted $204 (required two boxes @ $102/box) to get them to Washington state-- std fedex ground.

I shipped them Monday by U.S. Postal Service in one box for $71.24... 1/3 the cost, same basic delivery dynamics.

I've noticed in the last couple years, all of my "free 2 day shipping" items from Amazon or eBay have came via USPS. Before that, it was either UPS or FedEx. Maybe they've stepped up their game.

My last major shipment was 4 car nearly near car tires. USPS and most everyone else wanted $110-$150.

FedEx for the win at $78.

Shipped some car parts to Mich. UPS = $27.32. USPS = $12.83. I was stunned to say the least. The only difference was UPS had $100 ins whereas USPS was $50.

The USPS loses money on every Amazon delivery they make. All they are doing is passing the buck to the next generation. UPS for the win!

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
The USPS loses money on every Amazon delivery they make. All they are doing is passing the buck to the next generation. UPS for the win!

They really lose money on all those deliveries from China. I can't believe all the cheap stuff I can get from aliexpress and they have free shipping. It's putting US vendors out of business because even they can't get shipping rates as low as people shipping from China.

And they're just stiffing the older generation, it's their pension obligations that they can't fund.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Is the Fed-Ex cost with an account or just counter pricing?

Counter pricing at the FEDEX Office ship and pack store that offers copying and laminating services and all that. However I punched it into the FEDEX website later to make sure it wasn't a mistake by the clerk and got same.

UPS was only a few dollars less than FEDEX ...

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Is the Fed-Ex cost with an account or just counter pricing?
Counter pricing at the FEDEX Office ship and pack store that offers copying and laminating services and all that. However I punched it into the FEDEX website later to make sure it wasn't a mistake by the clerk and got same. UPS was only a few dollars less than FEDEX ...
I have an account with all three (Fed-Ex, UPS, and USPS) and I have always received better pricing through my Fed-Ex and UPS accounts versus the counter rate--USPS is the same no matter what. It is very strange that you did not receive at least a 20% discount with account pricing versus over the counter.

USPS is way cheaper than the others, if you can put up with their inept tracking system...

Originally Posted By: grampi
USPS is way cheaper than the others, if you can put up with their inept tracking system...

May just be me, but they've been spot on the last few times I used them for Rock Auto.

Used to avoid them like the plague and actually pay more (regardless of the difference) for a non USPS option. Every little bit helps.

I have an account with all three (Fed-Ex, UPS, and USPS) and I have always received better pricing through my Fed-Ex and UPS accounts versus the counter rate--USPS is the same no matter what. It is very strange that you did not receive at least a 20% discount with account pricing versus over the counter.

20% off $204 is still more than double what Postal Service charged. Plus, didn't go to FEDEX website to open an account, just went there to verify the retail rate she quoted at counter was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back