Oil: brand loyal or sale loyal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you tend to stick with certain brands only or buy whatever has a good sale price?

I stick with brands in this order:
Pennzoil Platinum
Mobil 1
Castrol Edge (occasionally)

Currently loyal to Pennzoil Ultra, operative word, currently. If they mess with the product, or I lose patience timing my purchases from WMT, [them having it in stock is hit or miss], I'll move on.

Like demarpaint, "currently"...

1. Valvoline Synthetic
2. Mobil1
3. Auto Zone end of year clearance blow-outs.

*if Havoline Synthetic were easier to find, it might replace one of the top three.

It all depends how steeply discounted another top brand becomes during a sale.

No brand loyalty. Currently mostly whatever 'majors' synthetic I can get on sale with or without rebate. Recently QSUD has been that oil. But M1, PP or PUP has been that oil in the past.

I am loyal to Mobil 1 and will not use anything else. I use Mobil 1 AFE 0W20.

Mobil 1 EP is next to impossible to find in my neck of the woods or I would use it every once in awhile.

I was/am sale loyal, but I'm starting to become brand loyal. I like dumping all my leftovers from 5 quart jugs into one jug for a future oil change. I sleep better at night if they're all the same brand. Right now, looks like Pennzoil is getting the most of my business. We'll see if I get my rebate... If not, I may be going to Valvoline. I like their $10 coupons that pop up regularly.

If their was no price difference and no sales, probably stick with Pennzoil. I guess their GTL marketing works on me.

Before I joined this forum, I was sale loyal.

After I join this forum, I deliberately wait for Pennzoil to go on sale and stock up. I'm wondering if this is as good as everyone else says.

Originally Posted By: newbe46
Before I joined this forum, I was sale loyal.

After I join this forum, I deliberately wait for Pennzoil to go on sale and stock up. I'm wondering if this is as good as everyone else says.

Pennzoil is as good as the rest of the major brands.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
For this vehicle I am brand loyal to PP.

I am curious as to how you made this distinction? Formulation? Felt smoother?

I try to be brand loyal to Valvoline full synthetic and only because it seems to run smoother than other oils I have tried?? The problem is I often get bitten by the sale bug and go for some other synthetic. Currently QSUD I purchased several quarts on sale.

My go to for years was Formula Shell full synthetic I was getting it at a great price but my source no longer carries it.

Sale loyal for sure these days, but I gravitate towards shell, castrol, and chevron products in particular.

If something works I will stick with it. Valvoline synpower is always available at walmart so thats what all of my vehicles that are currently used are filled with. I am trying to slow the consumption in my mazda 6 so I have some PP on hand for top off and will be my next change. My car doesn't consume much, maybe .25 quart per 1000 miles but if I can slow that I will. If not, I will probably stick to PP as it is cheaper than valvoline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back