Best Used Car Ad I've Ever Seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short Version, woman decides to sell her 96 Honda, her boyfriend who works for a video production company made a "new car style commercial" for it.
Ebay shut down the original sale, for "irregular bidding" or some such after the bidding made it to (iirc) $150,000.00
back up for sale:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253244828577

Originally Posted By: earlyre
... the bidding made it to (iirc) $150,000.00

Why ??

That is a great used car ad
laugh.gif
An ad I saw a while ago for a 1964 Ford Galaxy wagon (with the fake wood on the sides)...
"Aparently, 'Do whatever the (h_e_double hockey sticks) you want', doesn't mean what I thought it did. Must sell."

Not sure why they would bid up 150k. Seems like a stunt to get EVEN MORE YouTube clicks. Kinda idiotic. People seem to have too much time on their hands.

The car is worth $1,500 + whatever you feel the ad is worth to you as a memory, if you buy the car.

Originally Posted By: Artem
Not sure why they would bid up 150k. Seems like a stunt to get EVEN MORE YouTube clicks. Kinda idiotic. People seem to have too much time on their hands.

The car is worth $1,500 + whatever you feel the ad is worth to you as a memory, if you buy the car.

Like those that hang out on forums? And run all over town to get oil at .25 cents a quart?

The travesty!
grin.gif

Pouring coffee in the front seat? Sitting on the hood with your boots on? Not exactly the type of person I'd buy a car from. I'll pass.

Shill bidding.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: Artem

Like those that hang out on forums? And run all over town to get oil at .25 cents a quart?

The travesty!
grin.gif

touché.
13.gif

Man brings back so many memories, from the sound of the engine starting, right down to the cassette to MP3 converter.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: earlyre
... the bidding made it to (iirc) $150,000.00

Why ??

I'd love to meet the people who bit it up to $150K, I have a house I'd like to sell to them.

I really like it.
That gentleman has potential!!
Should have been a waiver to this commercial performed by a professional, do not attempt this while driving.

Those were my second favorite generation (5th) of Accord after the 3rd gen that I owned for 23 years. They used to be a bit more unique in the market.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Those were my second favorite generation (5th) of Accord after the 3rd gen that I owned for 23 years. They used to be a bit more unique in the market.

My aunt put 540,000km on her accord before it was totaled in a winter storm. They were rock solid in those years.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: DBMaster

My aunt put 540,000km on her accord before it was totaled in a winter storm. They were rock solid in those years.

I agree. Now, that doesn't mean they were without their issues. In my case every 100,000 miles the thing needed a new A/C compressor and a new master cylinder. I replaced the transmission at around 300,000 miles. (I often wonder if I had used Honda fluid instead of Mobil 1 synthetic if it would have lasted longer.) I replaced motor mounts twice, dampers (what some incorrectly call "struts" on that car.) twice, upper control arms, front and rear, tie rod ends, radiator, fuel injectors, cooling fans, climate control panel and indicator panel lights, axle shafts, etc. etc. So, bullet-proof yes, 100% trouble free, no.

Yeah she had wear/tear issues with odd stuff. A/C compressor for sure, suspension/steering parts, but the engine/trans were original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back