3.6L Chrysler PentaStar V6 Assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overweight maybe, but slobs? Why? They are working in an assembly plant so comfortable wear is important when you are on your feet all day and considering no one sees you who cares?

They live in Michigan. Would you be happy with what has happened to that state and the condition of the water?

I'm always amazed at the tooling and mechanization. Gotta sell a lot of engines to pay for it.

In regards to the employees, It's hard to appear happy if you're asked not to talk during the filming.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Most of the workers are fat slobs.

Might be overweight but not slobs. They are like you.... trying to make a living and working hard.

OT: how much do these workers make an hour ?

Originally Posted By: StevieC
They live in Michigan. Would you be happy with what has happened to that state and the condition of the water?

Much like Ontario, Michigan has nice areas and not so nice areas to live. You too have pollution, economic and obesity issues.

The average cost of developing a new car is $1 Billion as quoted by driving.ca.

That's a lot of units... Now imagine how that breaks down for the components.

No wonder Chrysler is trying to stuff this engine into everything that needs a 6 cylinder.

It's a workhorse engine and has proven longevity. My dad's has 300K and is still going and the fleet of 95 at the company I worked for a few years ago had 0 issues with them and they were well abused and fully loaded.

I’m more impressed watching engines being made almost entirely by robots and automation. Not good for human labor but that is the direction things are going.

Originally Posted By: typ901

Much like Ontario, Michigan has nice areas and not so nice areas to live. You too have pollution, economic and obesity issues.

America does it best. But yes we have our issues. Minimal per capita in comparison though.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I find it kind of disturbing by how fast they slap those engines together.

Seems to me to be actually slower than most Japanese automotive assembly lines. Look up the how it's made video for Subaru engine assembly and see how fast those are put together.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PimTac
I’m more impressed watching engines being made almost entirely by robots and automation...

For sure. The speed those robot arms whip around!

I've worked in machine shop environments where a programming glitch, component misalignment, etc caused spindles to crash. That's scary enough, let alone the damage it can do.

America does it best. But yes we have our issues. Minimal per capita in comparison though.
wink.gif

No-we Don't all do our best, but that’s part of life and people not always making the best choices nor having the best opportunity. I’d have to argue your per capita comment, that or need a source, it’s kind of a broad stroke statement. I’m used to the Canadian implied superiority snark, but it typically comes from the Provence east of you. I’ve been throughout Ontario and other than pronunciation you all look, sound and act just like us. Considering your population percentage wise is growing faster than ours, you too will see an increase in social issues. I’m sure your beer and back bacon will help you all persevere.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Most of the workers are fat slobs.

you claim to be in the midwest, but don't recognize what midwesterners look like?

I work at a grocery store in Ohio. Those folks look like most of the folks i see daily.
heck, change that video from Chrysler to Ford and it would be here in my town. we have the plant that builds the 2.7EB, and the FWD, NA 3.5 & 3.7's.

It's a workhorse engine and has proven longevity. My dad's has 300K and is still going and the fleet of 95 at the company I worked for a few years ago had 0 issues with them and they were well abused and fully loaded.

I don't know I'd call it a workhorse engine. It's had quite a bit of teething issues. Early ones had major head issues. The "new" one is quite the design change from a company not known for doing things with quality....

300k KM is 186,411.358Miles, certainly a good run but not stunning....

No-we Don't all do our best, but that’s part of life and people not always making the best choices nor having the best opportunity. I’d have to argue your per capita comment, that or need a source, it’s kind of a broad stroke statement. I’m used to the Canadian implied superiority snark, but it typically comes from the Provence east of you. I’ve been throughout Ontario and other than pronunciation you all look, sound and act just like us. Considering your population percentage wise is growing faster than ours, you too will see an increase in social issues. I’m sure your beer and back bacon will help you all persevere.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Obesity_country_comparison_-_path.svg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KrisZ

There is no pleasing some of the BITOG finest when it comes to ANYTHING related to FCA.

Tell me about it. Chrysler has a lot wrong, I'm driving one of those errors but this is something they did right and still folks complain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back