Champ ph 500, 10,000 miles cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening folks. This filter and EDGE 5w20 was off a friends 2014 F-150 pickup with the 5.0 v-8. Almost 100k on truck also. Had 2 5k oci’s of EDGE 5w20 also. Put a load of EDGE 5w20 EP and a tough guard 10575 in and on. Filter was on almost 2years by the way. I’d say it held up good
smile.gif

I'd trust a second generation Ecore like this more than a Motorcraft FL-500S personally, but no longer use either Ecore nor Motorcraft oil filters.

Car51 - thanks for the well done cut & post.

I found I could easily run the Champ PH820 to 6K miles. No tears or seam splits. The ADBV function is non-existent after 2K miles. In spite of this, I would run the eCore over the MotorCraft. The FL820S is an accident waiting to happen. YMMV.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
Car51 - thanks for the well done cut & post.

I found I could easily run the Champ PH820 to 6K miles. No tears or seam splits. The ADBV function is non-existent after 2K miles. In spite of this, I would run the eCore over the MotorCraft. The FL820S is an accident waiting to happen. YMMV.

I agree
smile.gif
and you are welcome WellOiled

Element looks good, they have improved the pleating and the cage. However, two years & 10k miles with the "combo valve", no thanks. Generally speaking nitrile not noted for that longevity. No big deal when it's sole function adbv, as bypass function too, another matter. And current generation GM vehicle ACDelco ecores say no entirely to combo valves.

Thanks for c&p.

The FL820S is an accident waiting to happen. YMMV.

What have I missed? I have always used this filter on both my F150 and our 3.0 Escape also uses this filter. Since 98 on the f150 and 04 on the escape, never any issues. What is the issue with them?

Originally Posted By: thastinger
The FL820S is an accident waiting to happen. YMMV.

What have I missed? I have always used this filter on both my F150 and our 3.0 Escape also uses this filter. Since 98 on the f150 and 04 on the escape, never any issues. What is the issue with them?

Motorcraft FL820S Date code: 904121217

2aeuxu.jpg

Dome end tear.

k9tnpz.jpg

Thread end tear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back