2018 Honda CB1000R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modern take on a cafe racer design, I suppose. Not too bad looking, IMO...

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/honda/first-look-2018-honda-cb1000r.html

2018-Honda-CB1000R-First-Look-naked-sport-motorcycle-12.jpg

I don't see much room for any kind of bags on it. Pretty useless for any real mileage. Looks like its odometer should only read in quarter-mile increments.

I'm torn on it. I like that it's a Honda and still has the single sided swingarm. I like the front end a lot more than the current CB1000R (I like round headlights on naked bikes).

If I was in the market, I'd probably be looking more at the CB1100 or Interceptor. Or a Monster.

I test-rode a CB1000R about 5 years ago, and I just "had to have" a literbike, but without sportbike ergos.

But I couldn't see buying a brand new bike, so I ended up buying an 2nd gen FZ1, which quenched my thirst. If I ever have to replace the old hoss, one of the Hondas would be a likely choice. I like the look of a naked bike, but I appreciate the small fairing/windscreen and dual headlamps on my FZ1..

And the power, oh yes, the power...

Last edited:
So it's good for ripping around local streets, but that's about it right? I mean you'd be crazy to think you could do any serious touring on a naked bike.

What's the old saying.. its more fun to drive a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow?

Nice

Of all the bikes I had my 82 Gs1100 was still my favorite. The 1150 was never the bike the 1100 was.

My V65 was close - but didnt handle as well, and was much harder to mod.

My zx11 was faster and handled better, comfortable at speed but hunched over in town, but less practical with all the easily scratched plastic.

This looks to be suitable replacement.

UD

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Reddy45
So it's good for ripping around local streets, but that's about it right? I mean you'd be crazy to think you could do any serious touring on a naked bike.

What's the old saying.. its more fun to drive a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow?

Not sure I agree, If you are in touring mode you can likely mount a small fairing to the bars,

I did that for years on all my naked bikes and worked fine- a tank bag, and a tail pack o maybe some soft sidebags.

Im sure you can pack mule her up- but if thats your preferred mode another steed would likely serve you better.

UD

that muffler could be used on a Dyson vacume cleaner...w t heck
the honda emblem on the tank could just as easily be a triple tuning fork yamaha logo

Looks like a direct attempt at competing with Yamaha's most excellent XSR900 ...

I like the XSR better though.

Originally Posted By: sunruh
that muffler could be used on a Dyson vacume cleaner...w t heck
the honda emblem on the tank could just as easily be a triple tuning fork yamaha logo

Emissions laws are getting stricter, especially in Europe. Unfortunately the exhaust systems are getting more ungainly, to meet those requirements.

Nice bike. Hopefully Honda won’t price it too high the tank doesn’t look nice from all angles but it looks pretty nice from most angles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back