Uber passenger steals tips from Uber driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uber passenger steals tips from hard working Uber driver. This is very sick and disgraceful.
mad.gif

http://nypost.com/2017/11/07/uber-passenger-caught-on-camera-stealing-drivers-tips/

That's pretty disgusting and pretty dumb. It can't be hard to track her down through Uber (or her friend if they paid). I hope there are criminal charges.

Nice quality dash/interior cam though!

Yeah, the category exists but unless you are corporate, where your marginal cost is nothing for pursuing stuff like that, it's not worth it for the Uber driver to start anything to waste the time when he could work and earn money.

It's a sunk cost.

Hopefully this nice full res picture of her ripping off a guy follows her around her whole life so the world can tell what kind of person she is.

She's gonna get fingered instantly and social media will tear her apart.

UD

Maybe this passenger was entitled to the tip money. It was her version of collecting welfare.

At least her exercise in establishing her self-worth was captured on video for all to see.

Originally Posted By: UncleDave
She's gonna get fingered instantly and social media will tear her apart.

One of the few things social media is good for.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
criminal charges over $5?

[censored]

Yeah, I'd want something on her record for the theft, regardless of the dollar value.

I've seen Uber drivers with tip jars. I don't bother with that, before there was in-app tipping I gave my drivers a tip directly.

Years ago I was leaving a small restaurant in Connecticut.

I glanced back to see that the 3 high school guys who took our table had also taken the tip money I left.

I approached them and said very softly, "Look guys, the waitress is working harder than any of you probably will in your lives. So, if you want to be cool, put it back.

One of the guys said to his pal, "I told you not to be an (body part)".

Turns out another, more senior waitress overheard enough to put the events together correctly and proceeded to go at the young bucks at volume 10.

I was already leaving so I just continued on my way.

As far as social media levying justice goes....remember the lady who was caught on a security video putting a cat into the garbage can in England? I think she was fired from her bank position later that day and killed herself within a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back