06 Chrysler Sebring 2.7 Mobil 1 EP 5w20 10k

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the previous oil? TBN was much lower after more than half the miles
confused.gif

Edit : didn't see the 2 quarts oil added

Last edited:
Is that 2.7 one of those engineering marvels which has the water pump internal to the engine?

Originally Posted By: Lubener
Is that 2.7 one of those engineering marvels which has the water pump internal to the engine?

Thinking the same. A 2.7 still running. Must have been the last year.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
2.7L's were sludger engines until Chrysler revised them then they were decent.

I would not say decent just acceptable.I had one in an Intrepid. Minivans would leave you at a light. The 3.5 much better in every way.
Amazingly they made this dog up until 2010. According to wikipedia.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lubener

Yes. It doesn't leak or rattle or do anything else stupid. For a $2500 car I'm pleased.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Originally Posted By: StevieC
2.7L's were sludger engines until Chrysler revised them then they were decent.

I would not say decent just acceptable.I had one in an Intrepid. Minivans would leave you at a light. The 3.5 much better in every way.
Amazingly they made this dog up until 2010. According to wikipedia.

That's why I said decent. Not great but not a disaster (revised only). My mom had the 3.5 Sport in her 97 intrepid and I got many speeding tickets.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
What oil was used for the previous OCI? Thank you.

Unknown. Bought used on a Craigslist ad from a "dealer". And I don't know how long it was in there, the mileage was just from when I picked it up.

Originally Posted By: Popsy
What was the previous oil? TBN was much lower after more than half the miles
confused.gif

Edit : didn't see the 2 quarts oil added

To me TBN is a waste of time. Looking at thousands of UOA's here I can't remember one where the low TBN was a concern.

2.7 WOW...one of the worst engines of all time. This report showing the oil is fine makes me sincerely worry about what a UOA actually shows us. Im willing to bet things are NOT fine in that motor...biggest sludger of all time

I had the 2.7 V6 in a similar vehicle: '04 Stratus, same chassis.
Bought mine used too for cheap. It has 130k miles on it and ran fine. High-revving, not bad power at 200 hp.
Maybe they fixed some bugs on it before mine or this Sebring.

2.7 engine sludge issue was fixed by 2006. It was caused by high Temps and poor PCV system. Syn oil use could have helped those engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back