What do you have your heater thermostat set at ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still have the AC running here. When it gets cold we usually keep the house somewhere between 63 and 66.

No heating, no cooling in our house. More clothes, less clothes, windows open and close to regulate temps.

As I have no insulation in the walls of my 1940's house it depends on the time of year. Right now it's set to 19c (66F), but as it gets colder outside I will increase that to 21-22 (70F-71.5F).

62 at night, 68 before and after bed, 67 in the day. 72 in the car if the heater is on at all.

Whatever is comfortable. We have a small condo (perfect insulation on two sides - our neighbors). electric + gas is usually never more than $200, combined. We also just replaced our 1966 gas furnace with an HE one.

Right now we wait to make a fire when the house gets down to 62-64, but just let it burn out over night. Once we get into the real heating season we'll keep coals going over night and add wood in the AM and after work. The house stays between 62 and 70 then.

74 for AC and 68 for heat. Lower heat to 65 at night.

68F when we are home and awake. 65F when we are not home or overnight. Wife is not a big fan of those settings. My gas bill probably goes up $30-$40/mth per degree higher than those settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back