2018 Ducati Panigale V4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panigale-V4-MY18-Red-02-Slider-Gallery-906x510.jpg

Panigale-V4-MY18-Red-01-Slider-Gallery-906x510.jpg

"Now it sounds even better."

I beg to differ. You can close your eyes in the stands and tell when a Vtwin Duc comes by, as opposed to the other 'screamin meemies'. Heresy.....!

I never thought i would want to own a ducati after the 1098 because of some models losing the single swing arm and under tail exhaust. I would make an exception for this one. Will have to do the 5+ year wait for a used one.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
"Now it sounds even better."

I beg to differ. You can close your eyes in the stands and tell when a Vtwin Duc comes by, as opposed to the other 'screamin meemies'. Heresy.....!

Agreed.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
And you can pre order for ~21,300 - ~40,000 depending on model...

I haven't pre-ordered anything yet. But I have talked to my multi-line Euro bike Dealer owning buddy. The Speciale is a bargain compared to the track-only BMW HP4 Race.

Nice bike, I'm sure that 1 HP reduction in street mode makes a huge difference - LoL.

11. Three Riding Modes are now available:
Race: 214 horsepower; minimal intervention of electronics, for experienced rider
Sport: 214 horsepower; more intervention of electronics, for less experienced riders
Street: 213 horsepower; most intervention of electronics, best grip and stability

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Nice bike, I'm sure that 1 HP reduction in street mode makes a huge difference - LoL.

11. Three Riding Modes are now available:
Race: 214 horsepower; minimal intervention of electronics, for experienced rider
Sport: 214 horsepower; more intervention of electronics, for less experienced riders
Street: 213 horsepower; most intervention of electronics, best grip and stability

Well, we need to save people from themselves...
laugh.gif

From the info I've been able to gather, the difference between the 214 hp Base and S models, and the 226 hp Speciale, is the Akrapovic exhaust system that comes standard on the Speciale.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
What is the wet weight which that 214hp has to move + rider?

According to the specs listed on the website I linked in the first post, the standard model is 436 lbs wet. They claim 430 lbs wet for the S model and Speciale, but I think that's a mistake, as the Speciale with it's standard Akrapovic exhaust system, should be lighter than the S model with a factory exhaust system.

They're also claiming 226 hp for the Speciale.

Of course as is standard practice, all the manufacturer stated HP figures are at the crank.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
What is the wet weight which that 214hp has to move + rider?

According to the specs listed on the website I linked in the first post, the standard model is 436 lbs wet. They claim 430 lbs wet for the S model and Speciale, but I think that's a mistake, as the Speciale with it's standard Akrapovic exhaust system, should be lighter than the S model with a factory exhaust system.

They're also claiming 226 hp for the Speciale.

My XSR900 is 425 lbs wet, but has 1\2 the HP and feels pretty quick. Could imagine it with 226 HP.
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
The V-four is not a inline 4 sound. I think my dad had a ford powered Saab Sonett v4.

Yep. Too bad some think it sounds like the inline 4's. It does not. Very distinctive, reminds me of my Magna V65...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
The V-four is not a inline 4 sound. I think my dad had a ford powered Saab Sonett v4.

Yep. Too bad some think it sounds like the inline 4's. It does not. Very distinctive, reminds me of my Magna V65...
No one said the V4 sounds like the inline 4's. The Vtwin Ducati has a deep baritone sound and is very distinctive from the inline 4's. The only time I've heard the V4 was from the clip in this thread. It most certainly doesn't sound like the inline 4's. It comes closer to the Vtwin sound than the inline 4's but judging from the clip, still not as deep as the Vtwin. A works bike in race trim will tell the tale.
wink.gif

I have a 96 900 Monster with not too loud after market mufflers and it sounds V-8 at higher rpm's. A friend has 2004 or so four valve 800 SR4 that has a different rhythm to the exhaust sound, more like a very powerful 360 degree twin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back