Bestline Treated Engine without oil, for how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't trust that Valvoline White bottle. Just look at how long it didn't run for.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Twice as long with Best Line........Interesting.

Yeah not scientific but interesting... Especially as both engines were new at the start.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Twice as long with Best Line........Interesting.

Yeah not scientific but interesting... Especially as both engines were new at the start.

Yes interesting. He seems like he has no agenda. It would be interesting to repeat the test a few times to see if it was a fluke or there was some magic in the mix. It would also help the doubting Thomas's of the group, and put the fluke possibility to rest.

I'd like to see what he tests next. Truth be told I never heard of that product before.

Comment on his YouTube page I know he reads each comment...

I sent him some Amsoil products to test because I want to see their results. These videos are coming in a few weeks.
banana2.gif

Last edited:
He appears to be doing these tests in good faith. It up to his audience to make what they will out of the results.

His stuff is a lot more interesting than those "one-arm-bandit" tests that people run on the products they sell and try to pass them off as proving something or other.

Originally Posted By: danez_yoda
duralube. LOL

Yeah and he needs to spray water into the crank case with the engine running that was treated with Duralube.
lol.gif

When I bought my first house I bought a used lawnmower and the guy said it had been sitting for a while. It wouldn't turn over. I took it all apart and saw that it had been run with no oil and it was in fact seized. I bought some parts locally and rebuilt it and did a half-arsed honing job. It burned oil and it knocked like a bugger but it had decent compression and always started no problem and ran with minimal fuss. It became a "thing" to see how long I could keep it going. Finally the coil gave out and I opted for a new $200 one with a mulching blade. It runs Amsoil and has an Amsoil sticker on it and I swear I hear it talking ((expletive)) about me.
lol.gif

Last edited:
duralube. LOL

Yeah and he needs to spray water into the crank case with the engine running that was treated with Duralube.
lol.gif

Don't forget to pour sand into the crankcase too. That helps the valves and pistons "grip" better.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
duralube. LOL

lol.gif

Don't forget to pour sand into the crankcase too. That helps the valves and pistons "grip" better.

Yes and does a poor man's honing job to the cylinder.

When I bought my first house I bought a used lawnmower and the guy said it had been sitting for a while. It wouldn't turn over. I took it all apart and saw that it had been run with no oil and it was in fact seized. I bought some parts locally and rebuilt it and did a half-arsed honing job. It burned oil and it knocked like a bugger but it had decent compression and always started no problem and ran with minimal fuss. It became a "thing" to see how long I could keep it going. Finally the coil gave out and I opted for a new $200 one with a mulching blade. It runs Amsoil and has an Amsoil sticker on it and I swear I hear it talking ((expletive)) about me.
lol.gif

I ended up running a ~2 year old Toro with no oil when I was in a huge hurry to get my first mow of the season in and convinced myself I hadn't drained it the previous fall after glancing at the dipstick. I was able to force the blade to turn by hand after it seized and it ran OK after that, was a bit louder but I got 8 more years out of it. The engine block finally cracked while I was mowing, that was a bit of a mess!

Interesting.

As a side note, I remember talking to one of the guys at harbor freight when picking up a Predator 212cc for the last minibike I built. He said that no matter how many bright yellow labels and stickers they put on the box and the engine, people still try to return them because they forgot to put oil in it before running it.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Interesting.

As a side note, I remember talking to one of the guys at harbor freight when picking up a Predator 212cc for the last minibike I built. He said that no matter how many bright yellow labels and stickers they put on the box and the engine, people still try to return them because they forgot to put oil in it before running it.

When I was down in Florida for vacation a couple spring's ago I went and bought a nice sized compressor at H.F. and brought it back as it was far cheaper than buying it here. I must have removed 6 stickers on the plug, on the compressor and everywhere else saying to fill it with the provided oil before use. There was even a big "STOP" cardboard taped over all the parts in the Styrofoam telling you to put oil.

Now I know why!
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Wait whoa. New outta the box, the Predator shouldn't work with no oil. They come with a low oil shutoff. A shame to fry 2 engines that otherwise would give good service. I'm heading into my 5th season with one on my snow blower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back