Wicki No Way, No How

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is your image:

aid159539-v4-728px-Change-a-Car-Battery-Step-8.jpg

What am I missing?

The only thing I see that stands out as dumb is the metal tools stowed atop the battery.

The terminal and clamp aren't in the best shape, but don't be appear to be "no way, no how" worthy.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

The only thing I see that stands out as dumb is the metal tools stowed atop the battery.

The terminal and clamp aren't in the best shape, but don't be appear to be "no way, no how" worthy.

Matter of opinion, but in mine, an image showing TWO steel tools (one of which has three arms) on top of a battery with exposed terminals should no way, no how be on an instructional website presumably aimed at complete novices.

(Title doesn't make sense in English either.)

Last edited:
What am I missing?

Dunno. If I had to guess I'd say maybe a finger or two?

It looks like he's removing the dead battery at this point, so it could be OK as long as it's really dead.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
What am I missing?

Dunno. If I had to guess I'd say maybe a finger or two?

I'm guessing you mean that someone MIGHT lose a finger if the tools touched both the positive and negative terminals, causing an arc and possible battery explosion? Clever. Also, nice job with the selective quote.

Originally Posted By: mk378
It looks like he's removing the dead battery at this point, so it could be OK as long as it's really dead.

Not a risk I'd be willing to take.

What is supposed to happen? The tri-spoke tool is no where near the positive post and while his work area is messy, it hardly warrants "no way, no how".

The positive terminal might have one of those red plastic insulators on it. But then again it might not and an instructional on how to do something this basic should assume abject stupidity.

Originally Posted By: mk378

I've got a pretty big bang when I was careless around a battery in a scrapyard car that looked like it'd been there for a while, so I wouldn't bet on that.

My current car battery is overdue for replacement. Most people would have replaced it quite a while ago, but it'll still start the car and I'd bet it'd arc quite impressively.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
This is one of those Jerry Seinfeld threads. A thread about nothing.
grin2.gif

Dunno, Could be worse. It could be about oil choice (again) or even what temperature your thermostat is at.

I'm finding it quite interesting. Seems about half the posters see no problem.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Here is your image:

aid159539-v4-728px-Change-a-Car-Battery-Step-8.jpg

Thanks. I thought I'd tried that, but apparently not.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
What is supposed to happen? The tri-spoke tool is no where near the positive post and while his work area is messy, it hardly warrants "no way, no how".

Seriously? You REALLY don't see a potential here?

Suppose he picks up the open-ended which is under the tri-spoke, spillikin style? Might it not possibly move?

If there's an API standard for the application of "no way, no how" which I'm not compliant with, that's too bad, but the site is called Wiki How, so it'd be asking for it even if it wasn't publishing this dodginess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back