ATV battery prices - TX20L / TX20HL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy smokes! How on earth can a 310 CCA power sports battery cost $105?!

Even with coupons at Advance that is crazy.

O'Reilly is $105, Advance is $107, Wal-Mart is $78 with mediocre reviews. I am tempted to call the Arctic Cat dealer on Tuesday and see what an OEM battery will cost.

Insanity!

Buy online from Advance with in store pickup. Use coupon code SCW4472 for $40 off. Probably not going to do much better than that for a good ATV battery.

ETX20L on amazon or ebay for $50 to $80 gets u a great battery.

The harley guys use the same battery or bump up to an ETX30L.

The problem I am finding is that most of the replacement batteries have the positive/negative terminals swapped and my cables won't accommodate that.

Oh well, I need a new TPS anyway. Guess I will have the dealer add a battery to the list when I take it in. The original one has lasted almost 6 years.

$105-115 on a deka etx20l or yuasa/motocross ytx20hl is a fair price - its been the going rate for the past 4 years or so. No-name brands like sigmastek are not the same level of quality. If you can fit an etx16l, its a larger battery for a few bucks less. Etx20l is east Penn's bread and butter - they have always been more expensive than they should be.

Call the dealer and see what price they give - I'm sure you wont like it. Powersonic and Universal Battery (UB) both make a half decent 20hl (standard 20l is only 250cca), just watch out for date codes as any 20hl will be factory activated. The same goes for ebay deka batteries. The guys who are selling at $75-85 price range can't be making any money unless they are a master distributor (or buying massive quanitities at a time straight from EP), or selling old rotated stock.

I sell ETX20Ls for $109 normal price and a lot of people are happy to pay it over Harley Davidson or Polaris dealer prices (typically 30-$80 more). I definitely understand wanting to get the best price you can though (and that's why we price match). Depending on the time of the year we will sell 4+ a week as an independent dealer.

Picked up a Yuasa YTX20-B S (It censors this if I put those two letters together!) for $85.99 at the dealer. It is dry and I will add the acid this weekend when I can babysit the battery charger after the acid soaks in.

This model is 280 CCA when the OEM was 310, I suspect it will be fine. My machine sits in a heated shop during the winter and if it is that cold to need the extra 30 CCA, I am not riding. Not to mention, the battery should be 'better' as a slightly lower CCA, right? (or wrong?)

Confused now - so you needed a left-hand positive? That does make it harder to find. Otherwise, great deal on a yuasa battery, especially from a dealer. Around here, they tend to try and charge as close to msrp as possible.

Aside from only being available in a factory activated design, the 20H battery weighs 15.1lbs vs 13.9lbs on the regular 20. Other than that, both are specd at 18ah. so aside from a marginally shorter overall service life (as the battery's capacity and conductance decrease), there's not much difference in most applications.

Being dry-charged vs factory activated and sitting around for who knows how long could definitely be a plus

Glad you found a better deal OP. I like to buy a battery dry and fill myself. Then I know I am getting a fresh battery and I can fill it and charge it right and not have some shop tech rush it.
Last one I bought came from Amazon, they had the best price on a Yuasa at the time.

I buy all my batteries on eBay.
Deka are the best but I have had good luck with Chrome Batteries. I've also bought some that don't last a month.
Usually Chinese ones though.
American made usually don't do bad and can be bought under $50.

Originally Posted By: 04SE
Picked up a Yuasa YTX20-B S (It censors this if I put those two letters together!) for $85.99 at the dealer. It is dry and I will add the acid this weekend when I can babysit the battery charger after the acid soaks in.

This model is 280 CCA when the OEM was 310, I suspect it will be fine. My machine sits in a heated shop during the winter and if it is that cold to need the extra 30 CCA, I am not riding. Not to mention, the battery should be 'better' as a slightly lower CCA, right? (or wrong?)

Yuasa batteries for the win. They, or they use too, come standard in Yamaha snowmobiles, and probably other Yamaha products as well. By far, imo, they can't be beat, but I have heard good things about Interstate batteries as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back