303 Tire Balm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone tried 303 Tire Baum?

I don't use tire dressings habitually, like after every wash; usually only after a wax job or if I want to spiffen them up. Started with Armor All ages ago; have also used No Touch (a mess to apply) and Meguiars Endurance. I like the "natural" look and not an artificial shine.

Endurance was the first to really live up to its name, but I've come to dislike it because it always clogs up the spray trigger, and eventually separates into a milky goop in some clear liquid. Megs' customer service is good so I've been sent replacements, only to have them clog up again. I also dislike the stickiness and residue it leaves behind, which gets caught in the sidewall embossing and voids.

I don't know if they've changed the formula since I last bought some, or merely switched to a squeeze bottle, but it's time to try something different.

303 protectant isn't a tire dressing per se, but it seems to be ok for short periods.

The Tire Baum product seems to be relatively new.

not going to dispute any of your statements, just point out one eensy issue that is bothering me.

the word is BALM. TIRE BALM.

balm
bä(l)m/
noun
noun: balm; plural noun: balms; noun: lemon balm; plural noun: lemon balms; noun: sweet balm; plural noun: sweet balms

1. a fragrant ointment or preparation used to heal or soothe the skin.
synonyms: ointment, lotion, cream, salve, liniment, embrocation, rub, gel, emollient, unguent, balsam, moisturizer; dated pomade; archaic unction "skin balm"
antonyms: astringent, irritant

something that has a comforting, soothing, or restorative effect.
"the murmur of the water can provide balm for troubled spirits"

synonyms: relief, comfort, ease, succor, consolation, cheer, solace "balm for troubled spirits"

antonyms: exacerbation, misery

2. a tree that yields a fragrant resinous substance, typically one used in medicine.

Baum is a familial Surname(like Jones, Cooper, etc)

I apologize for the seeming petty-ness of that, but... this is how my mind works.

thread title is spelled correct, I'll apologize again, and hope it was a stupid autocorrect issue.

Last edited:
303 protectant is used on rubber dingies to protect them from UV, so it might be worth doing to protect against sidewall cracking.

Never heard of the balm stuff.

I've used sunflower oil in the past. Fills in the cracks but seems to be absorbed, and seems to soften radiator hoses, so I stopped using it.

I purchased some Aerospace 303 protectant a few weeks ago and used it on my fat-bike tires during my recent seasonal tire changeover. Did the inside as well as the outside. I'm quite impressed so far. (This is to improve the longevity rather than for appearance, but they do look good with the product applied.)

Originally Posted By: earlyre
not going to dispute any of your statements, just point out one eensy issue that is bothering me.

the word is BALM. TIRE BALM.

I apologize for the seeming pettiness of that, but... this is how my mind works.

thread title is spelled correct, I'll apologize again, and hope it was a stupid autocorrect issue.
Earlye, I've corrected your spelling of 'pettiness' above.
smile.gif

I'm also a bit of nit about spelling and grammar.

Scarcely related, when my Grade 4 teacher told us we were going to learn a beautiful song called 'There is a bomb in Israel' I thought it would be a rollicking war song, and was quite disappointed when it turned out to be 'balm' instead.

Originally Posted By: Smoky14
REALLY ??

hangs head low, yeah...yeah... you'll note i apologized multiple time in that tirade.

Originally Posted By: Number_35

...I apologize for the seeming pettiness of that, but... this is how my mind works.

smile.gif

you know, i had that first, but the autocorrect on my computer didn't like it...

Originally Posted By: Smoky14
REALLY ??

hangs head low, yeah...yeah... you'll note i apologized multiple time in that tirade.

Originally Posted By: Number_35

...I apologize for the seeming pettiness of that, but... this is how my mind works.

smile.gif

you know, i had that first, but the autocorrect on my computer didn't like it...
Hey, just kidding, all in good fun. Have you noticed how MicroSquish word does the green hashmarks on both "its" and "it's" even when they're used correctly? GRRR!

Dam autocorrect. I’ve had it correct my correct spelling into something totally different.

I’m curious about the Gyeon Tire. It’s supposed to be long lasting and uv protective as well with their SIO2 based formula.

I'm a bit of a pedant as well, know what a balm is, and would love to blame it on autocorrect, but this was a case of the neurons firing, and the fingers doing something else...and not proofreading.

This new stuff piqued my interest as a regular 303 user. Mostly interested in finding something that won't leave any residue like some car care products do. Amazon seems to be the only place selling it, and one of the reviews mentions it being sticky.

I guess I could just stick with regular 303.

Last time I used some Mothers Back to Black on my tires because I was out of tire dressing. I was very surprised on how nice it looks and how long it has lasted.

Sunflower oil? Yeah, Michelin uses it in their latest tires to keep them pliable in winter and improve traction. If it works for Michelin, it probably won't damage your hoses. Just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back