what oil weight for 94 ford aspire 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently bought the car a few months ago and changed the oil. i used delo 5w40 because i was not sure of what weight to use in my car?
i suppose there is no harm running 5w40 in this car it doesn't smoke or leak oil.

1994 FORD ASPIRE 1.3L 4 -cyl Engine [H]
VISCOSITIES:
All TEMPS....5W-30
CAPACITIES: With filter 3.6 quarts After refill check oil level.
TORQUES: Oil Drain Plug...22-30 ft/lbs

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
1994 FORD ASPIRE 1.3L 4 -cyl Engine [H]
VISCOSITIES:
All TEMPS....5W-30
CAPACITIES: With filter 3.6 quarts After refill check oil level.
TORQUES: Oil Drain Plug...22-30 ft/lbs

thank you.

The 5W-40 HDEO should be a good pick for what's now an old small displacement four.
If the engine seems fine with it, I'd not worry about what was recommended for it more than twenty years ago.
I remember these little things from way back when.
Can't be many left on the road.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
The 5W-40 HDEO should be a good pick for what's now an old small displacement four.
If the engine seems fine with it, I'd not worry about what was recommended for it more than twenty years ago.
I remember these little things from way back when.
Can't be many left on the road.

i bought it used with a little over 205,000 miles it runs great with no noise or any smoke and doesn't leak anything either. when i first had it on cold mornings it would have valve chatter for about 10-15 seconds then would disappear. but after the first oil change it went away and the old oil was thick and nasty.
not sure what the prev owner used but it smelled burnt.

Stay with Delo 5w40. Great oil, perfect for the higher miles on that little 4 cylinder. And it will clean up the oil passages pretty nicely from the thick nastiness that was in the crankcase. Enjoy it while it lasts and keep the oil level full.

0w16?
lol.gif
27.gif
Trolling.gif

No really though, I'd probably use T5 10w30 or one of the synthetic 5w30 HDEO's if you can find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back