well you can go to work tomorrow an hour later
spankme2.gif
27.gif

Last edited:
rollingpete! hahahaah...
crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thanks for the laugh!

oh and I heard there is a move to remove all this crazy stuff anyway from daylight savings. I think Indiana and some other places never even adopted it. Something crazy from the 70s.. I think it should go.. doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Isn't the end of Daylight Savings a topic that qualifies as a current event?

Personally, I like Daylight Savings.

DST is only a thing because it exists. Take it away and you won't ever miss it.

Originally Posted By: researcher
rollingpete! hahahaah...
crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thanks for the laugh!

oh and I heard there is a move to remove all this crazy stuff anyway from daylight savings. I think Indiana and some other places never even adopted it. Something crazy from the 70s.. I think it should go.. doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Most of Indiana uses it, although Monticello, central northernish area doesn't.

I have tried for 50 years to find an answer to this question and I can't.

As a kid I was told it was to give farmers more time in the evening. Then it hit me: Farmers work from sun to sun, what time we call it is irrelevant.

Then I read it was to save energy. But we live in a 24 hour society, so how does it save energy?

I think next spring we should set it ahead 30 minutes and just leave it alone.

The argument in favor of saving energy swayed Indiana, where until 2005, only about 16 percent of counties observed Daylight Saving Time. Based on the DOT study, advocates of Indiana DST estimated that the state’s residents would save over $7 million in electricity costs each year. Now that Indiana has made the switch, however, researchers have found the opposite to be the case. Scientists from the University of California, Santa Barbara, compared energy usage over the course of three years in Indiana counties that switched from year-round Standard Time to DST. They found that Indianans actually spent $8.6 million more each year because of Daylight Saving Time, and increased emissions came with a social cost of between $1.6 million and $5.3 million per year.

New Zealand is on a permanent 1/2 hr daylight saving...and then the hour for summer. My mother said back in WWII they did daylight saving on the farm for themselves, then we all got it in the '70's. I like it, but not the change.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
We don't have daylight savings time here
grin2.gif

Yes I know and I wish it was like that here. In the late spring and summertime, if we weren't on daylight savings, the sun would be coming out at 4:00AM !

It's so the govt. can tell you what to do with your time...no practical reason.
My dog now wakes me up at 0400.

Smoky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back