Would SUPERTECH syn be ok for 10k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if a run on 10k on SuperTech 5w-20 full syn would be ok in my 2013 Camry 2.5L 2AR-FE? Car has 65k on it.

The oem filter always looks ok after 10k with 5k oil change. It does 50miles a day at 55, reaches what should be full temp of course. We have four seasons if that is a factor with some mild chances for dilution and or some high temp exposure if the 10k rund through a summer and into a winter.

Just wondering.

Yes, ST syn should be just fine for 10k with no problems. You may also want to consider the ST 0w20

Mahle makes a great cartridge filter for your 2AR
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Yes, ST syn should be just fine for 10k with no problems. You may also want to consider the ST 0w20

Mahle makes a great cartridge filter for your 2AR
smile.gif

Yes, second person in a day I have hear good things about Mahle.

I got the 5W on a Wal-Mart web special (one that wasn't a "web error" which was sweet). Indeed back to 0W next time I stock my shelves.

Your car and a UOA will tell your for sure. Run one at 6000 and see what you get. One OIC 4000 miles less is going to cost you squat!

It is GF-5 which what Toyota recommends, so should be fine. But Toyota does recommend 0w20.

Probably can do it. But, considering that you can buy other better rated synthetics as cheap or cheaper on rebate (M1, PP, QSUD, Synpower, etc.) why do it? Are they selling SuperTech fully syn for under $12/jug now?

Originally Posted By: Linctex
I'd run it for 10,000 and not lose any sleep over it.

That's because you got plenty of money to buy a new engine I'm assuming.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: Linctex
I'd run it for 10,000 and not lose any sleep over it.

That's because you got plenty of money to buy a new engine I'm assuming.

We just don't have as much money as you and can't afford to dump top tiered synthetics at 1.5k..
crackmeup2.gif

I ran it in a 1990 Honda Accord for 75% of its life sold the car with 197,000 miles on it and it was fine. I changed the oil every 15,000 miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
... You may also want to consider the ST 0w20......

When I see it either online or in store, it will be the first time. Never seen Super Tech 0w20.

Based on it's specs, imo ST Syn 5w20 would be ok for a 10k mile oci.

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
There are better oils for the same money.

Not sure there are many. This is Warren's TDS for 5W-30 in 2014. They carried dexos1 certification then and now hold dexos1Gen2 (so the specs should be even better). it is a thoroughly modern, competent Synthetic oil.

I ran it for over 12K in the Civic and the UOA looks pretty darn good. I would do 10K without even thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back