Coolant recommendation Silica free

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need an after market silica free coolant for my powersports stuff (ski-Doo and Sea-Doo) Factory stuff is pink if that means anything... Any Thoughts?

Peak Global Lifetime. And I recommend it over dexcool anytime as it does not have the plasticizer that's in dex or pretty much all lifetime coolants including prestone..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Originally Posted By: Bluestream
PGL it is then. Many thanks,

I do have a jug of Volkswagen OEM coolant. Any info on that stuff?

According to Pentosin/Pentofrost, newer model (06-) VW using their ++ AF does contain silicates.

http://www.pentosin.net/f_antifreeze.asp

The jug I have is VW part # G013A8J1G which I think is the new G13 coolant. I dont see it in the pentosin page

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
PGL it is then. Many thanks,

I do have a jug of Volkswagen OEM coolant. Any info on that stuff?

According to Pentosin/Pentofrost, newer model (06-) VW using their ++ AF does contain silicates.

http://www.pentosin.net/f_antifreeze.asp

The jug I have is VW part # G013A8J1G which I think is the new G13 coolant. I dont see it in the pentosin page

According to ECS Tuning linked, Pentofrost E is G13. Not being that familiar with VW AF I put ++ not seeing it now superseded by Pentofrost E. E appears appears to be a HOAT, also using silicates. ECS Tuning a pretty good and authoritative source for VW/Audi parts and info, ime.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-pentosin-par...ASABEgIvePD_BwE

I need an after market silica free coolant for my powersports stuff (ski-Doo and Sea-Doo) Factory stuff is pink if that means anything... Any Thoughts?

Why does it have to be after market? Just buy what they sell at Sea-Doo dealers. Then you know you're getting the right stuff. Yeah, you'll pay a few bucks more, but you'll know you are putting the correct coolant in your engine. After 2-1/2 years the coolant tank on my Jeep was a bit low. I went to the dealer where I bought it, and they sold me a gallon of the proper Mopar Coolant the factory shipped the vehicle with. Both the color and part number matched. It was $27.00 @ gallon, but so what? I barely used a pint in 2-1/2 years. So what it ended up costing me was meaningless in relationship to how long 2 gallons of the stuff will last me when mixed 50 /50.

Originally Posted By: billt460
I went to the dealer where I bought it, and they sold me a gallon of the proper Mopar Coolant the factory shipped the vehicle with. Both the color and part number matched. It was $27.00 @ gallon, but so what? I barely used a pint in 2-1/2 years. So what it ended up costing me was meaningless in relationship to how long 2 gallons of the stuff will last me when mixed 50 /50.

LOL, the same coolant that it was shipped with...

Originally Posted By: billt460

Why does it have to be after market? Just buy what they sell at Sea-Doo dealers. Then you know you're getting the right stuff. Yeah, you'll pay a few bucks more, but you'll know you are putting the correct coolant in your engine. After 2-1/2 years the coolant tank on my Jeep was a bit low. I went to the dealer where I bought it, and they sold me a gallon of the proper Mopar Coolant the factory shipped the vehicle with. Both the color and part number matched. It was $27.00 @ gallon, but so what? I barely used a pint in 2-1/2 years. So what it ended up costing me was meaningless in relationship to how long 2 gallons of the stuff will last me when mixed 50 /50.

nearest dealer is an hour drive round trip. Add another $20 for gas to the coolant price.

Honesty the plethora of coolants on the market is totally insane...

^^^^^Only ~$75(CDN)shipped qt/lt for a premix yet. What a bargain.
lol.gif
Seeing that it says "orange" makes me wonder if it's simply DexCool. That said, as tint unreliable as indicator of AF type and chemistry without more information can't say definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back