New Forum member - oil analysis question

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so this has likely been asked a million times. I have an ISB 6.7 360HP on a freightliner chassis. It has 360 hours on it, change oil every year at approximately 10000 miles as it is an RV. Has 19000 miles on the engine. All the oil analysis specs came back fine except copper which came back at 105 PPM. No lead or anything else just copper. No baseline because I didn't analyze the first oil change. So what should I be looking for going forward?

From the oil cooler , if there is one.
Btw,
welcome2.gif

Nice rig. Have a super c as well (F550 chassis). Definitely sounds like oil cooler...not sure if that is high or not. Try To search for blackstone UOA for universal averages.

Are you using synthetic oil? I've seen several duramax UOA's running synthetic with high copper up to 800ppm. I believe its a chemical reaction caused by the synthetic, why I don't know.

19000 miles; 360 hours; averaging around 53mph. That's getting the engine up to temp and probably well seasoned. Not much idle time I can only deduce, or your average would be higher, and that's hard to accomplish in an RV.

Also, only your second oil change I guess? OCI every 10,000, and you're only at 19,000. Probably the Cu is just coming down from it's break in; likely oil cooler is a source.

Welcome to the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back