Coolant for 2014 Hyundai Elantra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what type of coolant Hyundai Factory is? Standard green? Like most user manuals, simply states "use ethylene-glycol coolant" <-- Real helpful ! I'd like to drain and flush both my vehicles, and want equal to whats in it without paying the stealer big $$ for an average coolant.

It's an Asian PHOAT AF. Got a PepBoys store nearby, get the OEM (brand) Concentrate in the green tint to match the H/K AF tint you have now. $14.90 gallon. Check store availability online.

Don't have one nearby. Go to PB on ebay, $17.67 delivered. And being a concentrate, a premix (normal for most Asian AFs) would need to cost $9 or less to match the concentrate price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Concentrate...=item25cef6f756

Sayjac nailed it. I got it on sale at a local Pep Boys for $11.99. In my wife's Santa Fe I used Peak Global lifetime. Napa carries that here in NC.

Last edited:
Also noted that Sayjac states it is a pHOAT coolant, but the OEM brand green is an OAT. Difference?
confused2.gif

Quote:
..... They the same?

Maybe. The older Asian AF that came concentrate were the shorter service interval PHOATS, ~2year/30k miles. Nissan, Toyota examples. The PB OEM concentrate is definitely the newer longer service interval AF. The B-A doesn't say the service interval, so it's a question mark to me. But, it does have the same attributes as Asian PHOAT AFs and is safe to use.

Quote:
....but the OEM brand green is an OAT...

No. It's a PHOAT, aka Phosphated OAT. The P is where the H (hybrid) comes from in PHOAT.

Guess I'll have to see it in person to see if there is some kind of relationship in small print somewhere.

What confused me is OEM stating this: "Asian cars and light duty trucks requiring an OAT coolant", and ZEREX ASIAN stating this:"Valvoline Zerex Asian vehicle (blue) is a patented formula deigned to meet the specifications of OEM's requiring a blue/green silicate-free hybrid organic acid technology (HOAT). Zerex Asian Vehicle Blue meets the following specification: Hyundai/Kia MS591-08".

I couldn't find much of anything on this spec, whether it is phosphate free or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back