What bed mattress style do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We sleep about 1/3 of our lives. Good sleep affects our mental and physical health. What type of mattress/bed style do you have?

King or queen?
Pillow top, memory foam, sleep number, adjustable etc?

We have a queen pillow top with some foam on top.

King with 6" foam. - Novosbed. Love it. Done wonders for my back back. delivered right to your door in a small box and then it expands like crazy once opened. No off gassing either.

3 inch futon mattress with a 4 inch gel memory foam mattress topper on top of a basic non box spring needed frame. Total cost me around 320$ new for this set up, all queen size.

Queen Bobopedic with gel top layer. Best bed I've ever owned (replaced a King's Down that cost a lot more)

Replaced our mattress earlier this year. Was going to spend $1.5k at a mattress store, but couldn't swallow that pill-- instead ordered a Lucid 16" memory foam mattress sight unseen; the reviews were such that it was an easy decision.

Size is California king, cost 1/2 of what I was going to buy at the mattress store for a queen. Quality is great, sleeps comfortably. Could be a little more plush for a memory foam (listed as plush, it's actually quite firm), but that's not a deal breaker, I still like it. Doesn't seem to retain heat, it's worlds above in quality and comfort over our traditional mattress it replaced. Moving around doesn't bother the other person, but then again it feels like we have acres of room to sleep on compared to our previous queen.

King sized Sleep Number.
I can have my side hard, wife can have her side soft.
Everyone is happy.

Just got a king beautyrest hotel collection mattress...15 inches thick, comfortable in store but seems like sagging might become an issue. Might upgrade to a beautyrest black edition.

Been sleeping on a C/King Zinus medium foam for a few weeks. Like it. $471.00 to my door. Other foam mattresses were a lot more expensive. For my budget is was Zinus or nothing. I also get tired reading about the mattress wars and who was getting sued or the Purple powder problem. Simple worked.

Queen size with a extra-firm futon mattress (I gave the one that came with the bed away; they are inevitably junk). The futon I bought right from the factory, and cost more than the bed that holds it.

I like a firm mattress, and this is firmer than any coil mattress, and more comfortable than foam which has heat retention issues for me at least. I like a good foam chair or car or bike seat, but not a mattress (I was building motorcycle seats with these foams in the 1980's, when the term "memory foam" didn't exist; you had to buy it from aircraft suppliers. There weren't even any commercial bike seat companies that offered it; they wised up a decade later and called themselves innovators).

Interestingly, futons are built the same way as a Constrained Layer Damping panel .... dense cotton fibre matt, high density foam, then dense cotton fibres again. The difference is it's too thick for a proper CLD panel (where the outer panels in particular should be as thin as possible, while maintaining rigidity) but if you scaled the futon's 8" thickness down to a CLD panels's perhaps 0.75" it's a nearly identical model.

Imgot the icomfort serta for 1500 since i ws shopping with the so in tow. I can sleep on dirt but she was complaining of back problems and lack of sleep. It sleeps fine but i recently bought a zinus (Spa Sensations) 12" foam full from walmart for 250. That bed feels really good but is still stinking for 4weeks after. Its going down and that is the only knock against it.

We went to Ikea for a new bed, and hated all the mattresses but one.

We ended up with a king memory foam wrapped, coil spring mattress.

It has been very good. I like it much more than many high dollar mattresses.

We have had serta and sealey and they are junk.

Also avoid any type of pillowtop mattress, unless you want a valley inside of a year, and a U shaped mattress.

I have a queen pillow top, nothing fancy but it's comfortable enough. I'll replace it next year sometime.

Thinking about the Tuft and Needle.

King size Tempurpedic. I forget the exact model. Its comfy. The whole setup mattress, bases, and covers, was about $5k. For the first couple years my back pain disappeared. Now I do wake up with a a little pain.

My next mattress will be a rock hard hotel type mattress.

I knew it ! Nobody has the guts here to say they sleep on a twin mattress !
grin2.gif

Big solid queensized wooden bed.

Did the matress upgrade for the family last year with ALDI metresses...they are REALLY really good.

My son says "it's like sleeping on a cloud"

Restopedic, king size, latex foam (Talalay), firm (32-36ILD) and was $2100. Tried a bunch... its was local, price was right, owners were very accommodating and knowledgeable.

Talalay latex is springy, yet has pressure relief... its expensive though.

This site has more mattress threads than any other message board I've ever been involved with.

Seems odd the fascination and never ending discussions on this topic. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back