IWI Masada Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yawn. Another polymer pistol.

I own plenty of them, but the manufacturers just aren't being creative enough and it has never been easier to make custom designs with everything being polymer. I know it's considered blasphemy to deviate from how pistols looked 200 years ago, but really we have the tech and low cost mfg to actually try reinventing the wheel!

I know I'm an old warrior, but having a dingus on the trigger is a sure fire way to shoot yourself in the leg/foot while holstering your weapon. We have had two such incidents at our local range.
YMMV

Smoky

Originally Posted By: Reddy45

Here I agree. I just cannot get excited about any more "new" Polymer pistols.... Or AR-15 rifles. They have both been done to death in every conceivable configuration imaginable, by most every firearm manufacturer out there. The market is so completely saturated with these things, that if they didn't introduce another one for the next 20 years, I doubt anyone would notice.

Originally Posted By: billt460

Here I agree. I just cannot get excited about any more "new" Polymer pistols.... Or AR-15 rifles. They have both been done to death in every conceivable configuration imaginable, by most every firearm manufacturer out there. The market is so completely saturated with these things, that if they didn't introduce another one for the next 20 years, I doubt anyone would notice.

+1

I like ARs and plastic pistols but if you have seen one you have seen them all. I find Glocks Johnson more interesting these days. I have 3 each of all the guns I like and a couple I really don't like as well.

Originally Posted By: CT8
I like ARs and plastic pistols but if you have seen one you have seen them all.

That's just it. There isn't enough difference between any of them to get excited about. And let's face it, when Springfield has to start putting hammers on their XD's in order to sell more of them, the saturation point has been reached.

Originally Posted By: Smoky14
I know I'm an old warrior, but having a dingus on the trigger is a sure fire way to shoot yourself in the leg/foot while holstering your weapon. We have had two such incidents at our local range.
YMMV

Smoky

That is blaming the tool instead of the shooter. There are other designs that DON'T have a dingus (Sig P320)and can have that happen. Pretty much any striker fired gun that does not use a secondary safety (Thumb or grip) can fire if you snag the trigger reholstering. Indeed the dingus would have prevented the Sig P320 from having those instances of going off when dropped.

As for the yawning at people being bored at current new products, it is true that we don't see the creativity you see in pre 1940 weapons design.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
That is blaming the tool instead of the shooter.

Exactly. People who doubt that should question why some Glock's choose to shoot their owners, while others do not.

Exactly. People who doubt that should question why some Glock's choose to shoot their owners, while others do not.

LOL! Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back