Pulse by Safety First

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.pulseprotects.com. I seem to notice that people argue if its legal or illegal. Company claims its done within the confines of DOT's steady burning. Original equipment laws? It seems there is no court precedence on it. And if any officer did stop someone, the person just complied.

Police rarely enforce vehicle equipment laws around here, even with people tinting their taillights and now even their headlights.. plus using non-DOT bulbs, running LED lightbars while driving etc.

I understand why DOT has their policies in place, but they should be open to anything that increases visibility and awareness. Too many distracted drivers nowadays.

I've seen quite a few cars with this from the factory. It's annoying to be stuck behind in traffic. So, I guess f being annoying makes one notice it sooner then more power to 'em.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
I've seen quite a few cars with this from the factory. It's annoying to be stuck behind in traffic. So, I guess f being annoying makes one notice it sooner then more power to 'em.

None should be equipped from the factory. They were installing them on new cars at my work and charging customers an obscene amount of money for them. They aren't legal here and after numerous customers were pulled over and given tickets, our sales departemnt had to pay to have them all removed. I knew they were illegal immediately and brought it up to management, but they liked the idea of making money more than common sense.

I have seen cars in Europe that will flash the emergency flashers on a hard braking event, that I am ok with.

Last edited:
I've never seen a pulsing center brake light in use, but one thing to consider is that pulsing a regular incandescent light-bulb will drastically shorten its life, while pulsing a LED light will to the best of my knowledge not shorten its life.

Last edited:
I've seen quite a few. When the brake pedal is first depressed the light flashes for a couple of seconds and then burns steadily. If it's an illegal mod I am not exactly unhappy about that. It's really annoying.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

I have seen cars in Europe that will flash the emergency flashers on a hard braking event, that I am ok with.

Volvo is doing this in the States... and more. How Volvo describes their Emergency Brake Light:

Quote:
If you encounter a situation and need to apply the brakes in a panic stop, the brake lights will flash at a rate of four times per second, which will telegraph a clear message to following traffic behind you that there’s a potential problem ahead. Once you slow to below 6 mph, the brake lights stop pulsing and your hazard lights take over.

As already noted, when you see these on cars it's normally because a car dealer installed them. From what I've read, it's one of those things where they buy them for a couple bucks and install them on every car. When someone buys the car, there will then be a "brake light safety flasher" or something on the itemized receipt for a huge markup.

The really cheap ones flash any time you hit the brake, meaning they are annoying for other drivers in stop-and-go traffic. The more expensive ones have programming to help keep them from flashing constantly in stop-and-go situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back