Ford Focus Motor Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two years ago I replaced the main mount in an '11 Focus with one from RockAuto. Turned out it is a piece of junk - the engine sounds like it has just bolted to the frame it vibrates so much.

Now that it's getting colder I'd like to replace it. But it being Saturday the dealerships seem to all have closed parts counters. Are Napa mounts any good? Can I find a motorcraft part elsewhere?

This has been discussed on several Focus forums already.
Your car has three mounts. One hydraulic and two rubber. The rubber ones last much longer so I wouldn't bother with them.
The Hydraulic lasts about 100k miles (if that).

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy

Also, make sure to change the passenger side engine mount (there's three)
I purchased my car also at 60k miles and thought the vibrations were normal...
After I changed it, the car became smoother in ways I never thought possible. It was like a different car!
It's really easy to change and with a floor jack and some common tools you can change it in less than 30 minutes
Only thing I'd STRONGLY suggest, is getting the FORD part only. Anything other than OEM and it's basically the same as a bad mount. These are actually hydraulic mounts, so when they go bad they leak the fluid out and transmit engine vibrations into the cabin etc.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Your car has three mounts. One hydraulic and two rubber.

I wish RockAuto was more clear on that. They list one front mount and four right/front mounts.

Technically one is the engine mount (the hydraulic one) the other the trans mount, and the third is a thrust mount.

My impression is that most aftermarket motor mounts are junk, Napa ones included. I'd go OEM or maybe someone custom fabs a better design, I know for old Cherokees there's a few custom options that are better than OEM even.

Look up the part number on any dealer Ford website and type that in on Ebay or Amazon. I wouldn't buy any aftermarket mounts. Last DEA mounts I bought lasted less than a year and had poor fit and finish. Bought a Westar driveshaft support and the dam metal lip was cutting into the driveshaft, plus it ripped in less than a year when the OEM one lasted 235k. Anchor mounts are also junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back