stp to new supertech cross reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
a lube tech at walmart told me the ST6607 would work but my walmart doesn't stock that filter.
he did cross it to the fram but it was sold out at the time the number on the fram is PH3593A.

Originally Posted By: car51
ST 9688 I believe is SUPER TECH #

This.

In the ST line the 3593A/9688(spec size) are consolidated into the ST9688 which is really the 7317 size. If you are going to use an ST the 9688 preferable to the shorty 6607. It's a longer filter and uses separate dome end bypass. Only one size down from 3593A or STP S2808.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
ST 9688 I believe is SUPER TECH #

This.

In the ST line the 3593A/9688(spec size) are consolidated into the ST9688 which is really the 7317 size. If you are going to use an ST the 9688 preferable to the shorty 6607. It's a longer filter and uses separate dome end bypass. Only one size down from 3593A or STP S2808.

Yep, SayJac is correct. I’d never think of putting a 6607 on a Kia/Hyundai

... I’d never think of putting a 6607 on a Kia/Hyundai

Especially the ST 6607.
With the combo valve setup, about 1/3 of the limited internal space is taken up by the combo valve itself, the actual filter element is tiny.

full-4879-13585-5.jpg

I used one on my motorcycle (posted here) and thought it was too small for that (although in reality I am sure it was fine).

Originally Posted By: blupupher
... I’d never think of putting a 6607 on a Kia/Hyundai

Especially the ST 6607.
With the combo valve setup, about 1/3 of the limited internal space is taken up by the combo valve itself, the actual filter element is tiny.

full-4879-13585-5.jpg

I used one on my motorcycle (posted here) and thought it was too small for that (although in reality I am sure it was fine).

Yeah, it’s probably good for a motorcycle. I’ve just saw many Kia/Hyundai warranty’s denied with “consolidated filters” I.e. wrong filter installed

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Wait...are Super Tech filters back now?

For like 3 years or so now.
Made by Wix, same as the O'Rielly Microgard and Napa Pro-Select.
Decent standard OCI filter for most.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Wait...are Super Tech filters back now?

For like 3 years or so now.
Made by Wix, same as the O'Rielly Microgard and Napa Pro-Select.
Decent standard OCI filter for most.

With a 95% filtration rate at what micron level?

95% at 29 microns, just squeaking in the US CAR 36 standard of 95% at 30 microns, interestingly enough.

Champ Labs testing showed 83% @ 25 microns in 2007 for the NAPA and CQ Red variants.

Extrapolation yields 69% at 20 microns to put it at a benchmark most easily compared with other filter published efficiency figures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back