New wet hops IPA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat of a gloomy day today. Trying to get the courage to do an oil change or 2 before the weather gets worse.

I have a whole chicken on the smoker (Frank's red hot sauce and a dry rub) and an IPA in the fridge. There's a small microbrewery about an hour north of me in Angola, Indiana called Chapman's. They just released an IPA yesterday made with hops grown about 20 minutes from home. Technically, I believe it's called a wet hops IPA because they were picked and brewed the same day? While their brewery is in Angola, they have a few satellite "taprooms" that are spread around with one being in my hometown.

Met the guy who grew the hops yesterday while I was getting my growler filled with the stuff. Come to find out, I work with his son too. Can't wait to try it with dinner.

If any of you are in the area, their normal IPA and Kolsch style ale is amazing and worth trying. Many liquor stores in Fort Wayne have it on top of the main brewery having their normal stuff in cans on top of growler fills.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Is this an invitation?

Come on over.

There's plenty of beer, chicken and oil to go around!

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Somewhat of a gloomy day today. Trying to get the courage to do an oil change or 2 before the weather gets worse.

I have a whole chicken on the smoker (Frank's red hot sauce and a dry rub) and an IPA in the fridge. There's a small microbrewery about an hour north of me in Angola, Indiana called Chapman's. They just released an IPA yesterday made with hops grown about 20 minutes from home. Technically, I believe it's called a wet hops IPA because they were picked and brewed the same day? While their brewery is in Angola, they have a few satellite "taprooms" that are spread around with one being in my hometown.

Met the guy who grew the hops yesterday while I was getting my growler filled with the stuff. Come to find out, I work with his son too. Can't wait to try it with dinner.

If any of you are in the area, their normal IPA and Kolsch style ale is amazing and worth trying. Many liquor stores in Fort Wayne have it on top of the main brewery having their normal stuff in cans on top of growler fills.

You’re making me thirsty. I helped a friend make some apple cider yesterday then enjoyed a Evil Genius beer
smile.gif

I don't drink Alcoholic beverages but the chicken sounda great ! What time is dinner !!

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Looking at the thread title the first time, I thought this thread was going to be about new wet mops.
grin.gif

WET HOPS Merk
smile.gif

I thought that too so you aren’t alone

Sounds really good actually! Been on a Pale Ale kick (not quite as "loud" as IPA's, which are enjoyed IMO during summer) myself with cooler weather appearing here in the Southern PA region.

Although I splurged today on a bottle of Knob Creek, gotta be careful with that stuff!

They just released an IPA yesterday made with hops grown about 20 minutes from home. Technically, I believe it's called a wet hops IPA because they were picked and brewed the same day?

Is it root9?

https://t.co/UmvF4FTkhP

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
They just released an IPA yesterday made with hops grown about 20 minutes from home. Technically, I believe it's called a wet hops IPA because they were picked and brewed the same day?

Is it root9?

https://t.co/UmvF4FTkhP

Yes sir.

The farm is on SR 9.

Drink local I always promote it way easier when you have a micro brewery and taproom in town. Sounds like a great beer and chicken to go with it.

Originally Posted By: dave123
Drink local I always promote it way easier when you have a micro brewery and taproom in town. Sounds like a great beer and chicken to go with it.

I try to drink local but Straub sucks. Yeungling is always good. Even though I’m not from NY, I like me some GENNY Cream Ale in bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back