RECALL: Kidde Fire Extinguishers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kidde announced a massive recall of their fire Extinguishers November 2. Some dating back to 1973!!!!
http://www.kidde.com/home-safety/en/us/
Also Canada.
http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2017/65014r-eng.php

I checked ours and it is on the list.
The form was really easy to fill out. After submitting it I received confirmation that it was on the list and a new one will be shipped in about 20 business days with instructions on returning the defective unit.
Amazing, mine in 23 years old. Thankfully never had to use it.

Last edited:
Appreciate the heads up!

Earlier this year I bought 2 cases of these at work to replace older ones in all our vehicles.

Looks like I'll be busy come Monday morning lol.

I saw this yesterday. We have two on the list (and three steel handled types). I honestly cannot recall a a RECALL going so deep and far back. Monumental mess up.

One of mine is affected, the other has a metal handle with "pro" in the model number, which is not affected.

Looks like some combo smoke/CO alarms are affected, as well.

chiefsfan1, thanks for posting.

I went to Kidde web-site to confirm (a little confusing)

I just called on phone / Recall Dept working Sat & Sun
Their number is 1-855-271-0773
My extinguisher IS affected.

They took my info and replacement is being sent.

Thanks again.

Originally Posted By: MasterSolenoid
chiefsfan1, thanks for posting.

I went to Kidde web-site to confirm (a little confusing)

I just called on phone / Recall Dept working Sat & Sun
Their number is 1-855-271-0773
My extinguisher IS affected.

They took my info and replacement is being sent.

Thanks again.

You are welcome. yes, the site was a bit confusing to confirm the model number. The recall is HUGE.
I need to run to my moms and check hers later today.

Mine was also affected. Thanks for the heads up.

cheers3.gif

Thanks for the heads up.I checked mine and its on the list.Submitted my info and new replacement is on the way.

Thought mine was but apparently the clearance one I bought has the metal handle.

I really appreciate this post. I wouldn't have known about this if it wasn't for this site. All three of my household extinguishers were affected. My automotive ones are all Halon and obviously weren't affected. Three new extinguishers are on the way from Kiddie using the online form.

Quite an expansive recall, considering Montgomery Ward extinguishers are on the list!

Thanks again for posting.

Mine was on the list as well. I wonder what the instructions to do with current one will be.

Thank You for posting this.

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
The form was really easy to fill out. After submitting it I received confirmation that it was on the list and a new one will be shipped in about 20 business days with instructions on returning the defective unit.

What's it going to cost to ship the old one back, or is Kidde paying for return shipping?

Originally Posted By: JBinTX30
Mine was on the list as well. I wonder what the instructions to do with current one will be.

Thank You for posting this.

My guess would be discharge and dispose. Perhaps, discharge and return for disposal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1

What's it going to cost to ship the old one back, or is Kidde paying for return shipping?

I don't know yet. I presume when I get the new one, the old one will be returned in the box the new came in with shipping label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back