Anyone tried CARQUEST Canada’s Full Synthteic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I’d throw this out there..... I realize Carquest in Canada is only available in Southern Ontario, Quebec and the Atlantic provinces.....

Have any of my fellow Canadian BITOGers tried Carquest’s Full Synthetic?

It was on sale last month at $22 for a 5L jug. I happen to be in the Ottawa area so I picked up a case. Has the Dexos certification stamped on the label, so it must be decent stuff....I think.

$22 seems like a good price....for Canadians, that is.

blown engine for sure. LOL!!!!

Staging the obvious, there are no bad oils anymore that have a current API certification (starburst) and has a weight appropriate for your vehicle.

Unless you are "truly" severe duty (high revving, long uphill climbs under heavy load (trailering or heavy vehicle), turbo, engine running on the track, etc) the oil will be fine for the engines specified OCI.

Originally Posted By: danez_yoda
blown engine for sure. LOL!!!!

Staging the obvious, there are no bad oils anymore that have a current API certification (starburst) and has a weight appropriate for your vehicle.

Unless you are "truly" severe duty (high revving, long uphill climbs under heavy load (trailering or heavy vehicle), turbo, engine running on the track, etc) the oil will be fine for the engines specified OCI.

Just a point of clarification, the API cert isn't notated by the presence of a starburst, rather the API donut. The starburst signifies that the oil meets the current ILSAC standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back