Next Big Tire Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Discount Tire Direct has some good sales around certain holidays. Are there any others?
When should I look for the next sales on tires? These are for my Grand Marquis 215/70R15 and I am really thinking I like the Cooper CS5 Grand Touring Tire or Michelin Defender. Both would serve me well. Currently have Goodyear Integrity I got at Walmart on closeout for around $50 each and they have been great. I may check to see if they have anymore.

Open to other suggestion but personally don't care for Hankook, Kumho or other what I consider bargain basement tires. I want a decent set but they don't have to be the best.

Since you mentioned DTD, I assume you're open to getting the tires delivered, then taking them to a local tire place to be mounted/balanced? I just bought a set through eBay from DTD with a $100 instant rebate. A bonus is that their listings on eBay don't charge tax or shipping, or tie disposal fees, which saved me $50-60.

^^^^ now you tell me!
smile.gif
Gotta remember that one. do they still offer the $60 off if you use your discount tire credit card to pay for EBAY purchase?

if so that would be a TREMENDOUS deal. I thought I got a steal with getting 17" General 43RTs for my wifes minvan for under $400 out the door. The Michelins I normally buy would have been double.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spk2000
Currently have Goodyear Integrity I got at Walmart on closeout for around $50 each and they have been great.

That has *NOT* been my experience. Ii'll never run another Goodyear Integrity as long as I live!
sick.gif

Originally Posted By: spk2000
Open to other suggestion but personally don't care for Hankook, Kumho or other what I consider bargain basement tires.

These (Hankook & Kumho) have been absolutely 100% trouble-free for me. I wouldn't hesitate to buy these.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
.........getting the tires delivered, then taking them to a local tire place to be mounted/balanced?

Yes, it is $12 ea Mount and balance in Waco (up to 17"), not sure what it is where you live.

For me the Goodyear Integrity set of 4 installed at Walmart under $250 was a great value and a 50,000 mile tires that now has 60,000 with more left but I am seeing the life coming to an end. They performed well in rain and snow and have driven well on highway with decent handling. Car came with Kumho's on it when I bought it and they would not move on a dusting of snow without great fear and loss of control. Hankook's I had on a civic a few years back just fell apart with around 15,000 miles so don't want these. Normally I have not liked Goodyear much in the past as belts tend to break prematurely causing tire failure when 50% of tread is still left. Then they try to give me $25-50 credit towards a new set. No thanks when the tires cost twice what a different brand does.

The Douglas All-Season is made by Goodyear, and I think they're also US-made. A private label tire for Walmart, the only outlet that Goodyear still makes private labels for. I don't normally suggest private label tires, but since you liked the Walmart Goodyears you bought before you may be satisfied with Douglas.

Make sure you consider the Yokohama Avid Ascend as well.

Of course, the Cooper CS5 is a good tire and very popular on here.

Quote:
..... do they still offer the $60 off if you use your discount tire credit card to pay for EBAY purchase?.....

No. No offer like that with the recently expired DTD/ebay offer. However, in many/most states the DTD promo sales offer the same no tax shipping included total price as the ebay offer, and they have included the $60 DT/DTD CC rebate. So, depending on tire level, (good better best) one could do as well or better with the DTD promo.

To topic, as noted BF would be the next DT/DTD promotion sale. No knowledge of others.

Keep cruising walmarts. Mine had some 17" SUV tires on clearance for $35 just stacked in the aisle. You might be able to price them online.

The DTD sale is typically the end all be all.

I called my local DT last week and they gave me a heads up on what sales are coming for Black Friday and offered to pre-order at no cost so the tires would be in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back