base oil / liqui moly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ST2008
Hi

Do someone know which group of base oil liquid moly use for their engine oils? thx

Which of their oils? They have many.

If it is labeled as "Technosythese" it is Group 3.

Not sure about the others. I would assume primarily Group 4 PAO.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Hi

Do someone know which group of base oil liquid moly use for their engine oils? thx

I'm not sure which one. To make a story short, I called a high performance Porsche dealership and they told me that they use only liqui moly for their customer's car. I'm curious about why they use only this oil because now I'm trying to find an European engine oil with group V as base oil (ester)for some tests.

Hi

I'm not sure which one. To make a story short, I called a high performance Porsche dealership and they told me that they use only liqui moly for their customer's car. I'm curious about why they use only this oil because now I'm trying to find an European engine oil with group V as base oil (ester)for some tests.

They use Liqui Moly because it gives many owners of German cars "the warm and fuzzies." The same shops swear by it because shop owners and many mechanics really don't know any better.

As I understand it, Redline is pretty much your choice if you want a bunch of Group 5 Esters.

I'm trying to find an European engine oil with group V as base oil (ester)for some tests.

Don't be fooled into thinking *just because* it's group V that it is an ester.
Besides, Higher ester isn't necessarily a good thing.

As I understand it, Redline is pretty much your choice if you want a bunch of Group 5 Esters.

I don't so anymore - not since they reformulated it. It's pretty much PAO now.

This is correct. In Europe they have to call it "synthetic technology" if uses as primary base oil, Group III hydro-isomerized petroleum (ultra-refined conventional oil). If labeled as synthetic or full synthetic then would be a Group IV or V base. Or at least that's how it used to be.

Liqui-Moly is all Group 3 in North America except for Synthoil Energy. I think their 10w-60 is even Group 3 now.

I would choose Castrol or Mobil 1 over Liqui-Moly any day.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger

This is correct. In Europe they have to call it "synthetic technology" if uses as primary base oil, Group III hydro-isomerized petroleum (ultra-refined conventional oil). If labeled as synthetic or full synthetic then would be a Group IV or V base. Or at least that's how it used to be.

Germany only, not Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back