Purolator BOSS filters???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any data/usage/ideas on these filters? Looking at Advance Auto Parts and they have a Pennzoil Synthetic deal with BOSS filter for $29.99.
Running PZ Platinum 5w30 in my Charger R/T 5.7L with a WIX XP Filter right now. Was seeing if there were any thoughts on these filters. Thanks!

BOSS is Purolator's full synthetic media with a nylon mesh backing, but not very efficient (99% @ 40u) LINK . Pretty comparable to the WIX XP.

The silicone Anti Drain Back Valves get cut up from the burrs in the base plate holes.

Thread Here

JN0Kce.jpg

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
BOSS is Purolator's full synthetic media with a nylon mesh backing, but not very efficient (99% @ 40u) LINK . Pretty comparable to the WIX XP.

But $15 or better on Amazon Purolator is pricing themselves right out of the market. Their Purolator One the 10K filter is now over $12 on Amazon and had been as high as $15 I bought them for $6.95 this spring.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

But $15 or better on Amazon Purolator is pricing themselves right out of the market. Their Purolator One the 10K filter is now over $12 on Amazon and had been as high as $15 I bought them for $6.95 this spring.

Yeah, those prices are nuts.

@AAP the boss was 12-15, the regular purolator one was 5.95 to 9.95 depending on filter.
and the regular "tearolator" was 3.95-6.95

OEM is around 6-7... and good.

The pricing on the Boss filter makes the Fram Ultra at Walmart seem like a bargain. I ran a Boss once that was part of an oil change deal, I won't bother again.

Be a half decent filter if the ADBV didn't tear. The only Purolator that has a media that is impossible to tear which is it's only redeeming factor. Fram Ultra and Wix XP are definitely better choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back