Wagner E-Coated Rotors (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad. I had similar raybestos coated. The hat paint holds up but the vents rusted out within a year. Also note the condition of the box. Looks good, not all beat up!

Looks good. Only thing 'bad' about e-coated rotors is that the brake surface area that isn't touched by the pads (if there is any) will still rust. The fully dipped and treated ones that usually come OEM don't do that.

Yes very pleased with Amazon packaging and delivery, 2 day with Prime. Two rotors box had a couple 'heavy' warning notices on it, and it was. As noted in other thread, other considered equivalent option, was the Centric 'premium' coated 120 series.

What are the different types of rotor coating available? It seems that some are painted rotors while others seem to maybe have some other type of more effective coating.

Thanks?

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
What are the different types of rotor coating available? It seems that some are painted rotors while others seem to maybe have some other type of more effective coating.

Thanks?

Zinc coating is one.
E-coating probably last longer?

My zinc coated duralast (autozone) were completely coated. Pads just rub off the part they touch and everything else still has the zinc coating. It's been a year and still no rust on them.

Talking about rust, generally speaking not much of an issue in these parts. As example, have an 01 Tacoma which in northern climes many have been bought out by Toyota because of frame rust. Here, no problems with the frame.

Put the least expensive front AAP Wearever rotors on it a few years ago now. There's what I would describe a very light area of surface rust in the central portion of rotor, the part that pad doesn't hit. Nothing remarkable.

Looking at the AC Delco Pro on RA/Amazon, I see now they have a recessed area where the coated hub portion meets the pad surface. Don't know if that eliminates the portion of the rotor the pad might not hit. More expensive than the Wagners. The ACDelco OE which seem to imply overall rust proofed coating more than the ACD Pro.

Considering that I was looking at lower tier rotors, some non coated, these should be ok.

Don't bring that truck to the mountains in winter time. It'll be rusted in half by the time you get home.
15.gif

I like the e-coated Wagners. I put some on the CR-V this summer. I like them fine, but the vents have some surface rust on them already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back