3-in-One Dry to TOuch Dry Lube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody used this before? Been wanting to try it since my last drip bottle of Dupont teflon dry lube got used it (was perfect for bike cables!) so I picked up a bottle at Lowe's today as it was very cheap. This is part number 3IO-DL-00. Going to try it out around the house and shop for a while first but so far I'm not really excited. Made my Spyderco Endura 4 FFG feel grittier (although it hasn't been cleaned or lubed in months anyways) and on a car key I used, it cures to a kinda slick/thin/greasy film. I don't want to condemn it based on these very informal trials but it certainly doesn't have me overly excited, either.

Even the MSDS doesn't promise much. 70-90% heptane, 5-10% naptha and <10% "non-hazardous" which I must wonder is some type of PFPE or PTFE compound.

Dry lubes certainly have their uses and applications. What would you say is the best dry lube you can buy? One that's made to treat the entire length of a bicycle brake cable for instance.

I bought all of the new 3-In-1 lubes that Lowes had in stock just to try them out. I think I posted a review of all of them here but I am not sure.

Either way, they were all way too thin and light of a viscosity for me. It was obvious they contained too much solvent and did not make good lubricants, IMO.

That's too bad because I like the smell of the original 3-in-1 oil and it was a decent cleaner and lubricant for basic stuff around the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back