Neat Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool stuff!

This is what happens when engineers are left at home alone with too much time and money on their hands ... Kind of like a nerd version of "girls gone wild".

That radial wasn't having a go...

17-dec-002.jpg

Also, the sleeve valves have an oil film between the sleeve and the cylinder, and the piston and the cylinder

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Cool stuff!

This is what happens when engineers are left at home alone with too much time and money on their hands ... Kind of like a nerd version of "girls gone wild".

Exactly... I went to school for computer engineering and you should see the home automation stuff I have done with smart-device modifcations, Raspberry Pi's etc. I built an automated watering system that turns on the in-ground sprinklers with very specific conditions and weather monitors / soil moisture meter etc. I have perfectly green grass with minimal water use. My neighbour had me build him a similar system and the other neighbours on the street can't figure out how our grass is so green, thick/lush with no weeds and it barely gets watered. (Just watered based on smart conditions)

I enjoy messing around with stuff like that. I'm currently working on a system that would automate my temperature control by changing furnace / A/C settings / and opening the windows and turning on ceiling fans etc. to best control the temperature with the least amount of energy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back