CHAMPION #C0S 7317 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening folks. This filter and unknown oil were off of the girlfriends sisters 2011 Nissan Altima for 4,xxx miles.

I’d say other than shoddy pleat spacing it looks ok.

Replaced with Tough Guard 7317 and some QSUD 5w30
smile.gif

TG good filter percentage and small microns. $2.50 cheaper than the Ultra and loses the filtration battle by about a half a percent. When I use my test Ultra I'll be switching over to TG. My car is never going to see a 10K OCI.

Yeah I agree StevieC. Looks like a diamond shining in a goat's rear end
smile.gif

Good work here car51. I saw these "new" filters on the Pep Boys site awhile back. This does look fairly good. Only one spot of wide pleat spacing there. But hey... It didn't tear
smile.gif
there's a novel concept.

Soooo, there has to be another reason why Purolators tear, or maybe a combination of reasons other than the wide pleat spacing.
Thanks for the post.

Thanks for your efforts as always Car51!

I'm guessing this filter was manufactured st the former Champion Labs factory in Saltillo. Louvered center tube, BPV with spring external to the dome end cap, but interestingly recessed into the center tube to accomodate a coil retaining spring instead of leaf spring. Looks like solid construction in a North American made filter.

I called the company (Federal Mogul) a while back and posted their clarification I received that these filters' efficiency is 99% @ 20 microns and is rated for 8K miles on conventional oil or 12K miles on synthetic oil.

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Thanks for your efforts as always Car51!

I'm guessing this filter was manufactured st the former Champion Labs factory in Saltillo. Louvered center tube, BPV with spring external to the dome end cap, but interestingly recessed into the center tube to accomodate a coil retaining spring instead of leaf spring. Looks like solid construction in a North American made filter.

I called the company (Federal Mogul) a while back and posted their clarification I received that these filters' efficiency is 99% @ 20 microns and is rated for 8K miles on conventional oil or 12K miles on synthetic oil.

You are very welcome good sir
smile.gif

Thank you for that info about what filter is rated for
smile.gif

The country of origin photo is showing up a little blurry. Does it say that it was made in Mexico? Doesn't really matter.
But isn't it funny that a lot of spin-on filters have irregular media, but they can make canister filter media look really good when they know the customer is going to see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back