GB Remanufacturing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have experience with GB Remanufacturing? I have a 7.3 Powerstroke and in the process of replacing the glow plugs. I need a new valve cover gasket and associated wiring and new pig tails. Purchasing separately using a mix of OEM and aftermarket parts would run $330, whereas GB has the entire kit for $95.

I am usually all about buying quality parts but this price difference seems tempting. Not too many reviews online, which is not reassuring.

Ask on Powerstroke Nation and/or Ford-Trucks.com. Those guys have a wealth of 7.3l Powerstroke experience. I can't answer about the gaskets as I've never heard of that company. It seems pretty unanimous to use only OEM glow plugs. Aftermarket glow plugs are known for short life, swelling up and being impossible to remove without pulling the head.

Have you tried Rock Auto for the valve cover gaskets? Not sure what year you have but the OBS Powerstroke guys are using Superduty gaskets. You have to do some splicing to the wiring but the plug in connections are supposed to be an improvement.

Last edited:
It's a 95 year model, using OEM glow plugs, and upon tear down found the wiring harness is shot. I looked at Rockauto, and the kits are cheaper and I need all the parts in the kit. The only kit I saw was GB Remanufacturing, but the price is too good to be true and any brand of kit is cheaper than the sum of the parts.

I have been browsing the forums and Dorman seems to be okay and others had success with NAPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back