What to do with my left over oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a little left at the bottom of some jugs from past oil changes. I have M1, Rotella t, Maxlife blend, magnatec, and a little supertech conv. Should I just mix them all and dump them into my truck? or just throw them out? All are 5w30.

Originally Posted By: 2012AccentSE
I have a little left at the bottom of some jugs from past oil changes. I have M1, Rotella t, Maxlife blend, magnatec, and a little supertech conv. Should I just mix them all and dump them into my truck? or just throw them out? All are 5w30.

Great top off oil unless your cars just burn no oil.

Last edited:
This is why I like buying quart bottles
smile.gif

5k interval ok for mixing it and using it all?

it will be fine. they are designed to mix. i do this myself. keep an old 5qt jug around, and add the leftovers from oil changes (pint or less normally), and when it gets to 4.5 qts in the jug, Woohoo! "Free" oil change!
even sent the first such batch in for a UOA before running it.
they(blackstone) saw no issues with it.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
This is why I like buying quart bottles
smile.gif

Because everything always uses an even quart and you’ll never have any leftovers?

Originally Posted By: earlyre
5k interval ok for mixing it and using it all?

it will be fine. they are designed to mix. i do this myself. keep an old 5qt jug around, and add the leftovers from oil changes (pint or less normally), and when it gets to 4.5 qts in the jug, Woohoo! "Free" oil change!
even sent the first such batch in for a UOA before running it.
they(blackstone) saw no issues with it.

Do you happen to have that UOA still?

Originally Posted By: Balrog006
Because everything always uses an even quart and you’ll never have any leftovers?

Even with leftovers, the quart bottle takes up less space than the big jug. And in most cases you can round to the nearest quart anyway
smile.gif

Use it as a part of some future fill or as top-off oil.
You could also use this oil in your OPEs.
I wouldn't just throw it out as that would be wasteful.

Originally Posted By: RedOakRanch
I've run Frankenbrews of all kinds of weird oils, 10k miles OCI, no issues.

Yea that!
I’d dump it all into a single five quart jug. Run it for the next OCI.

Dump it & run it a short 3-5 thousand mile interval. Especially its all 5W30 to begin with. Not gonna hurt a thing or you lose any sleep over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back