2007 f150 5.4 3v 5w30 amsoil signature series UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently did a uoa on my f150 with the infamous 5.4 3v with 5w20 amsoil signature series in it with a motorcraft filter I’ve awlays heard of people bumping up to 5w30 in these engines so I decided to give it a whirl still running amsoil signature series now with an amsoil eao11 filter and did a uoa ..on this combo the results are in and a friend of mine will be posting the results again since I cannot get any cooperation uploading a photo via my iPhone... Let me know what you guys think I am very impressed and satisfied with the uoa results on this combo... OCI was 6300 miles

Yeah man I’m gonna do another change with same combo and same oci see if it stays the same if it does I will go up to 8k oci I want a pattern before I increase any

I wanted to prove you can safely go up in weights in the 5.4 owner world there’s disputes over this all the time... I’m not saying you change the cold viscosity number but the end weight going up one obviously does not hurt in reality it improved my motors wear metal numbers

When the 3valve 5.4 was released in Australia, it was spec'd for 5w30 and 10w40 oil. The was in the Falcon in 2001, 3 years before it hit North America in the F150, where it got spec'd with 5w20. My 2009 loved castrol 0w40 year round in calgary.

Big065f150
Welcome to BITOG and thanks for the post.
I also run the 5w-20 Amsoil Signature Series, and I have a 2011 version of your 5.4L 3v, so I probably know what I'm talking about. Since you asked for input here goes. Your uoa looks pretty good to me. Your oil and your filter are both rated for 25k miles. So your only using a fraction of their potential. If your uncomfortable going with extended (20k-25k) intervals, warm up with 15k miles and go from there. I routinely go 5k-10k miles after a filter change on my bypass setup before I do a uoa. I'm currently 8k miles of a 13k mile uoa since my last uoa @162k miles. Im comfortable doing this because Ive had 8 uoa's done so far on this bypass filter run of 71k miles.Good Luck!

Originally Posted By: BigO65f150
I wanted to prove you can safely go up in weights in the 5.4 owner world there’s disputes over this all the time... I’m not saying you change the cold viscosity number but the end weight going up one obviously does not hurt in reality it improved my motors wear metal numbers

What is there to prove? My 98 5.4 calls for 5-30 right on the cap, the Lightning 5.4s also call for 5-30 but spec a synthetic.

Originally Posted By: thastinger
Originally Posted By: BigO65f150

What is there to prove? My 98 5.4 calls for 5-30 right on the cap, the Lightning 5.4s also call for 5-30 but spec a synthetic.

He was talking about some of the people out there that claim that ONLY 5W-20 can be used in the 3v 5.4 '04+ F-150 engines (seen this quite a few times on the F-150 forums), which is preposterous.

I know crusher I’ve heard of your expierement what are u at now 65k on your oil I’m gonna increase slowly blackstone recommended I got 8k next however I’m going to run another 6500 oci and if numbers stay the same I will go up I want consistency before increasing oci’s you’re like a legend man lol thanks for your input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back