Diesel Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

mem

I've been thinking about giving this a try in my fuel has anyone used it and if so what do you think of it or is it just another also ran? They also have a oil treatment called Sticktion that I was thinking of trying and Thanks for your input.

Mark

Diesel Extreme is in my stash and probably the next oil to go into the Duramax next spring. I have never used Sticktion. But I use this with every fill up.

I just finished burning through a fill up with 10oz added. No noticeable difference in performance but I didn't have a problem that I was trying to fix, just preventative maintenance. I changed the fuel filter after and to my surprise the filter was a lot cleaner than the time before which was jet black. I wonder if the Diesel Extreme was also cleaning my filter and putting junk I to the fuel system. May be better to run it after changing the filter? I'm running 2oz of their EDT now. No noticeable difference either.

Thanks for your help. The reviews on Amazon were pretty positive so I thought I would give it a try and see if it would help lubricate and clean the fuel system in my dozer. I hope its not just another snake oil for what it cost, thanks again.

Mark

Originally Posted By: mem
Thanks for your help. The reviews on Amazon were pretty positive so I thought I would give it a try and see if it would help lubricate and clean the fuel system in my dozer. I hope its not just another snake oil for what it cost, thanks again.

Mark

If your dozer has a mechanical fuel injection pump, consider TC-W3. I used it in my 1999 Dodge Ram with Cummins. It had a VP44 mechanical fuel pump. One oz per gallon.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Diesel Extreme is in my stash and probably the next oil to go into the Duramax next spring. I have never used Sticktion. But I use this with every fill up.

I find my truck runs good when I use this. Not sure why, maybe it's the cetane improver or maybe it cleans the injectors a bit better. I use it periodically it's a bit expensive though. I use stanadyne lubricity formula every tank.

I have great luck with Alliant Power ULTRAGUARD Diesel Fuel Treatment in all three of my diesels. It comes in bottles that are easy to store, open, and keep from spilling.

If you have a Powerstroke with stiction issues, Archoil is your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back