Archoil products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GaleHawkins

I did add a quart of AR9100 to the hydraulic/gear box common sump of the 1983 John Deere 310B backhoe but after a few hours of usage I have not noticed anything different.

So what should one expect from a friction modifier in a hydraulic system?

We use AR9100 in about 10 engines around the place. It seems the diesel engines oil stays clear longer now...

Does that mean the Archoil is interferring with the detergents and dispersants in the HD oil?

HD oils are formulated with high levels of detergents and dispersants so as to scoop up and suspend soot and other hydrocarbon particulates, hence HD oils should darken from soot and other hydrocarbon particulates during operation.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
We use AR9100 in about 10 engines around the place. It seems the diesel engines oil stays clear longer now...

Does that mean the Archoil is interferring with the detergents and dispersants in the HD oil?

HD oils are formulated with high levels of detergents and dispersants so as to scoop up and suspend soot and other hydrocarbon particulates, hence they should darken from soot and other hydrocarbon particulates.

I was going to ask that as well, kind of like the recent thread when a person said they didn't like the OEM air filter because it got "filthy" looking whereas an aftermarket one did not.

This should be interesting,I'm going hunting this weekend but dying to get back to hear results.I use AR9100 in crankcase and thats it. Going back to Ceratec soon and for good.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule

I did add a quart of AR9100 to the hydraulic/gear box common sump of the 1983 John Deere 310B backhoe but after a few hours of usage I have not noticed anything different.

So what should one expect from a friction modifier in a hydraulic system?

HD oils are formulated with high levels of detergents and dispersants so as to scoop up and suspend soot and other hydrocarbon particulates, hence HD oils should darken from soot and other hydrocarbon particulates during operation.

While I can not speak to friction modifiers in general but when it comes to Archoil AR9100 it cleans (esters) and is to reduce friction between moving parts. I have since started using AR9100 in automatic transmissions to do both. I have 15K miles on the 2010 Subaru 4 speed auto (now at 120K total miles)and 3K miles on the 6R80 behind 5.4L in the 2010 F150 (now at 208K total miles) and the shifting is great and without lag time.

Servos getting dirty can be major fail point in hydraulic systems as well as friction.

There was one post about oil/hydraulic filters catching more particles out of the fluid after being treated with Archoil AR9100. On a tractor that has not had the oil changed in about four years and the Shell Rotella T6 is not as clear now as it was for the first couple years so I will pick up a new filter perhaps and add a quart or just run it a quart low. If the oil clears back up we know the dark stuff went into the white filter materials perhaps.

I do not advise others to use additives or not use additives because I believe in Free Will.

As an update all is still well end to end in the 2010 Subaru Forester after an addition 10K miles of running Archoil AR9100 in engine, front and rear differentials, 4 speed Auto ATF and the power steering. Recently I did slow and WOT take offs noting how it shifted. Shifts were solid with no slippage. I run in Manual mode about 1/3 of the time and the downshifts are nice and solid but the computer will not permit a downshift if it would red line the RPM's like most modern vehicles.

I have put another 4K miles on the 2010 Ford F-150 six speed Auto with the Archoil AR9100 still in the transmission and it is still shifting well. I did add a spin on inline ATF filter in front of the tow package extra cooler in front of the radiator. Shifting to H4X and L4X was hard until we drained the transfer case and refilled with one quart of Transfer case ATF then added 4 oz of AR9100 then topped off the refill with the same ATF.

Now shifting down and back up to 2x is much smoother. Since it got new ATF and AR9100 in the transfer case at the same point in time there is no way to know which lead to more dependable and solid shifting but I like the no grinding sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back