MC cartridge filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changed oil this morning and took pic of the MC FL2017 cartridge filter from my 2007 Ford Fusion. My usual 10K OCI with M1 0-20. When I first bought the car I tried the Fram, M1, and a couple of others and they all twisted a little. I used the MC and it comes out perfect, so it's been the MC 2017 cartridge ever since.

Last edited:
I used MC cartridge filters in my mazdaspeed6 and was also impressed. I ran rotella t6 and while they came out black as Satans heart, they never deformed.

Originally Posted By: TinyVoices
I used MC cartridge filters in my mazdaspeed6 and was also impressed. I ran rotella t6 and while they came out black as Satans heart, they never deformed.

I agree. I only use MC filters in my Fords now. I have used the MC 910 spin on for years now(media never twisted) in my old Focus and now in my 2017 Fusion. They always look great after the 10K OCI I do,

I have a 4 cylinder GM engine that uses a cartridge filter and I find some filters collapse/twist and some don't. Doesn't seem to be related to price. Some AC/Delco filters collapse and yet a cheap no name Chinese filter will come out looking like new. Don't make no sense to me.

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
I have a 4 cylinder GM engine that uses a cartridge filter and I find some filters collapse/twist and some don't. Doesn't seem to be related to price. Some AC/Delco filters collapse and yet a cheap no name Chinese filter will come out looking like new. Don't make no sense to me.

GM quality?

Who makes those?

About your color observation: My Toyota (=Denso) cartridge came out looking like new (other than obviously oily) after ~17,500 miles. The subsequent Purolator came out almost as black as yours, after ~9,500 miles. What made the difference? Was the Purolator that much more efficient capturing microscopic carbon particles?

Originally Posted By: CR94
Who makes those?

About your color observation: My Toyota (=Denso) cartridge came out looking like new (other than obviously oily) after ~17,500 miles. The subsequent Purolator came out almost as black as yours, after ~9,500 miles. What made the difference? Was the Purolator that much more efficient capturing microscopic carbon particles?

The filter has nothing to due with color. Actually the drained oil was still fairly clean looking. The problem was more to due with the lighting where I took the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back